This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not liking Absolution so far.

#1nickoman33Posted 2/7/2013 11:19:00 PM
Just finished the Rosewood mission, and so far, the crappy disguise system, linear level design, and lack of actual assassination missions are really killing it. It started out pretty decent, the mansion mission and the King of Chinatown one were alright, and felt like actual Hitman, but these later missions aren't fun and are just linear corridors and action set pieces.

I'm really considering trading this in for the HD collection and just replay the older games.

Anyone else feel the same way?
#2SheepinatorPosted 2/7/2013 11:30:17 PM
I liked it. Didn't like Hitman 2 as it seemed random when I was spotted. Never played Blood Money. What's wrong with the disguise system in Absolution? It made sense to me and worked fine. I also played the whole game in stealth, and enjoyed replaying some levels to get assassinations in different ways.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#3Gatekeeper999Posted 2/7/2013 11:30:57 PM
Got both, Absolution is a good game but not a good Hitman game. I'm having far more fun playing the HD trilogy and that's just 4 missions into Silent Assassin.
#4The DevourerPosted 2/7/2013 11:34:08 PM
The disguise system is different and good and bad. On one hand it was nice and there was something to sneaking a guy's costume that gave you the access you wanted/needed, but on the other hand people identifying you for not looking familiar is a kind of nice thing as well.

The disguise system is hardly crappy.

I never played Contracts or anything beyond the demo of the second one to know how they are but I wanted them too. I'd like to play those games and not look like trash lol
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#5Killah PriestPosted 2/7/2013 11:34:36 PM
worst hitman ever by far.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6Jumpman_8891Posted 2/7/2013 11:35:36 PM
As a big fan of Blood Money, what I've heard about Absolution troubled me. I know some people that have played BM and say Absolution is good, but who knows. It's all pretty much what TC said. Anyone else who's played BM have some input?

I can't believe it, the game's $30 and I'm reluctant to pull the trigger on it. Never thought I'd say that to a Hitman game.
---
"You can't predict baseball. You just can't." - John Sterling
R.I.P., Andy Whitfield. Forever our Champion.
#7oasisbeyondPosted 2/7/2013 11:51:46 PM
Nothing tops SA for me. That game was so awesome and fun to play. Rule #1 play and have fun the first playthrough. Second playthrough try to go for SA, it will be a blast and you will learn how open the game really is. The new one just doesn't feel like a Hitman game, sure it's less clunky, but it's lacking what made it so special.
#8WildGoose2K12Posted 2/8/2013 12:10:34 AM
Jumpman_8891 posted...
As a big fan of Blood Money, what I've heard about Absolution troubled me. I know some people that have played BM and say Absolution is good, but who knows. It's all pretty much what TC said. Anyone else who's played BM have some input?

I can't believe it, the game's $30 and I'm reluctant to pull the trigger on it. Never thought I'd say that to a Hitman game.

Its not even close to being as good as blood money. But if you ditch the comparisons and go into it thinking of it as a stand alone game, its pretty enjoyable. Not $30 enjoyable but maybe $15-$20 enjoyable. Its not a bad game at all. Its just not great.

Side note; this is the first hitman game I wont be playing through twice.
#9TheRobPosted 2/8/2013 12:37:37 AM(edited)
Sheepinator posted...
I liked it. Didn't like Hitman 2 as it seemed random when I was spotted. Never played Blood Money. What's wrong with the disguise system in Absolution? It made sense to me and worked fine. I also played the whole game in stealth, and enjoyed replaying some levels to get assassinations in different ways.

How did the disguise system make sense? You put on a disguise and everyone immediately is suspicious of you and the only way to stop that is by doing something that realistically I would consider more suspicious, walk around covering your face. Which you could only if you had Instinct left, which is difficult to keep up on any setting other than easy with the amount you have to use it and the fact that it doesn't regenerate automatically.

---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#10magemaximusPosted 2/8/2013 12:20:22 AM
absolution is pretty bad. I like silent assassin.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~