This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not liking Absolution so far.

#21OaklandRaiderzPosted 2/8/2013 4:57:36 PM
so i dont have to start another thread...

how the hell do i kill the general in the second level of hitman 2? I think it is the st. petersburg level. should i snipe him or go into the building? yes im playing the HD trilogy and yes im a noob at this series.
---
wat
#22nickoman33(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:02:52 PM
IIRC, I think sniping him from the apartment complex across the way is the best way. Just once you pop him get the hell out of there because I'm pretty sure the guards will start storming the place once they hear the shot.
#23Halochief6Posted 2/8/2013 5:09:45 PM
I've never played a previous Hitman. But I really enjoyed this one. It was really challenging at times, but I thought it was great.
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#24OaklandRaiderzPosted 2/8/2013 5:10:01 PM
Yeah thats what i was thinking.... i want to get silent assassin rating and the FAQ here is saying that i should kill all the guards in the building first and then kill the general at close range.
---
wat
#25VlayerPosted 2/8/2013 5:17:18 PM
nickoman33 posted...
I don't recall any of the levels in SA being anywhere near as linear as the Absolution levels, and even then, it more than made up for whatever levels that were "linear" by having amazing, large open sandbox levels that allowed multiple ways to progress through them.

Tubeway Torpedo is incredibly linear, most of the map is basically a long tunnel with a few rooms.

Hidden Valley, At The Gates and Graveyard Shift don't have any targets and only one exit, the first two maps are pretty big, but very empty aside from guards.

A majority of the maps aren't THAT big, they're much smaller compared to Contracts and Blood Money. They also don't have many solutions to the problem at hand, usually one unique way and a more direct way.

I was having a hard time rating all the Hitman games prior to HD Trilogy because it had been a while since I played SA and Contracts, but now that I've played them, my rating goes:

BM > Contracts > Absolution >= SA

I really enjoyed Contracts a lot more than before, while SA frustrated me more with levels like Hidden Valley and the last level on Professional.

All the games are great though, and I do hope that the next Hitman is more BM/Contracts than SA. Also, get rid of the stupid checkpoint system, and keep Contracts Mode.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#26nickoman33(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:24:42 AM(edited)
Streets of Hope.

This is Hitman right here. Too bad everything leading up to it has been crap.

Edit: On the Barbershop portion and I'm seeing targets that need to be wasted. So far this mission (I guess it's called Shaving Lenny) has been pretty damn decent so far. If only the first half of the game was like this then this game might not have been so bad.

Edit: The following mission I lobbed a proximity mine into a group of guards. I had no problem sneaking past them afterwards.
#27lokinineteenPosted 2/10/2013 3:12:57 AM
nickoman33 posted...
Streets of Hope.

This is Hitman right here. Too bad everything leading up to it has been crap.

Edit: On the Barbershop portion and I'm seeing targets that need to be wasted. So far this mission (I guess it's called Shaving Lenny) has been pretty damn decent so far. If only the first half of the game was like this then this game might not have been so bad.

Edit: The following mission I lobbed a proximity mine into a group of guards. I had no problem sneaking past them afterwards.

Im sure youd have no problem waltzing through with a brass band.
#28baueris24Posted 2/10/2013 7:47:11 AM
so i dont have to start another thread...

how the hell do i kill the general in the second level of hitman 2? I think it is the st. petersburg level. should i snipe him or go into the building? yes im playing the HD trilogy and yes im a noob at this series.

One of the guides on this site says that if you want all zeros, you should bring a knife with you on this mission. It says to sneak into the building that the general is in disguised as one of the building guards, and go into the room and kill him with the knife when the pacing general is walking away. Then sheath your knife. I'm on this mission now as well trying to get all zeros, but it seems like one of the other generals would see you do this. I haven't tried this method yet.
#29baueris24Posted 2/10/2013 7:54:13 AM
By the way TC, not sure if your aware or not but if you get a first run copy of Hitman HD Trilogy, you get an art book with it. The art book itself is actually the case for the game as well. I got my copy at Gamestop and it was the only copy they had.
#30Moss_27Posted 2/10/2013 8:11:59 AM
I love the gameplay in Absolution..finally, a great game where shooting everything that moves isn't a good strategy.

I found that a handful of the levels were linear and had great potential (Rosewood being one of the worst).

I also can't figure out why they couldn't add assassinations into some of the levels, knowing that there would be an uproar if they left them out.

But despite this, the game is incredibly fun if you have patience, like to explore every part of levels, and like to manipulate the AI, rather than just kill everyone in sight.
---
| Hitman: Absolution | Splinter Cell: Blacklist | GTA V |