This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which of these is more likely the name of the next xbox

#1pyrokinesis666Posted 2/8/2013 12:21:18 AM
which has best chance of being the actual name - Results (55 votes)
xbox
38.18% (21 votes)
nextbox
0% (0 votes)
xbox durango
3.64% (2 votes)
xbox 720
21.82% (12 votes)
xbox loop
1.82% (1 votes)
xbox infinity
34.55% (19 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Also which of these would you most prefer
#295_EclipsePosted 2/8/2013 2:15:11 AM
Lol, I'd be no good if they named it the Nextbox.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#3pyrokinesis666(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:16:57 AM
its one of the rumored names thats why i put it as a choice
#4memphis12Posted 2/8/2013 2:17:58 AM
I'm convinced it will simply be called "Xbox".
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#5dudultimatenessPosted 2/8/2013 2:18:51 AM
Please, let if be the infinity. I don't think it will be but that by far sounds the best and fits in well with developing a product that last a long time. It also goes with the number thing Microsoft has going on. Sega was outer space, Nintendo is....adjectives? Microsoft numbers and Sony....counting. (this example really took a hit after the obvious Sega comparison.....oh well)
---
"Don't focus on da finger or you'll miss all dat heavenry grory"
#6pyrokinesis666(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 2:20:49 AM
xbox or xbox infinity would be fine with me. any of the other names are just dumb
#7dudultimatenessPosted 2/8/2013 2:22:54 AM
I don't think Xbox would be a good name at all. It's too much like the original and would create more confusion, like the Wii U did due to to similar naming schemes. In addition, it doesn't sound like an upgrade if you name it something so bland. The name is very important.
---
"Don't focus on da finger or you'll miss all dat heavenry grory"
#895_EclipsePosted 2/8/2013 2:24:52 AM
Xbox dreamcast genisis.

Since I always felt like Xbox was built directly from Sega stuff *looks at dream cast controller then Xbox controller* o.o I should really look into that one day see if I just over looked the info on that >.>
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#9AssassinDXPosted 2/8/2013 2:33:08 AM
dudultimateness posted...
I don't think Xbox would be a good name at all. It's too much like the original and would create more confusion, like the Wii U did due to to similar naming schemes. In addition, it doesn't sound like an upgrade if you name it something so bland. The name is very important.

Agreed, I'm also not sure about 'Infinity' either because where would they go when the gen after next comes around? Xbox... Beyond maybe?

To me the one that makes the most sense is 720, because from there they can use either the Xbox 900 or 1080 names after that, then maybe Infinity if the current trend of console generation releases is still the same.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Assassin_D_X
NAMI-SWAAAAAN!!!
#10vectorman5Posted 2/8/2013 2:38:18 AM(edited)
What would they call they Xbox after if they call the next one the Xbox Infinity?

The Xbox: Infinity and beyond?

Editing: okay, I just noticed the dude above me kinda made the same joke. Sorry about that.

Second, I recognize TC's username from that power outage topic. Pretty sure he's a heavy troll.
---
If the Sega Master System was a speed bump to the NES, the Atari 7800 was a tire-staining squirrel.