This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to use a wired headset while using HDMI cables?

#1Aadrian1234Posted 2/8/2013 1:09:43 AM
I realized once I get an HDTV, I'm probably not going to be able to use my headset for TV audio, because it plugs into the TV using the component cables. I can still live with just chat audio, but I also want to hear the game through my headset. Anyone know how to use the headset while using HDMI cables?

I have seen videos about shaving off part if the component cable to allow access to both component and HDMI ports, but I can't find out if its safe. I don't want anything breaking
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth Message me via PSN Xbox live or i will ignore the request
3DS: 0817-4248-5560 PM me your FC if you add me
#2JoboHotepPosted 2/8/2013 1:13:07 AM
There's an adapter for that. I've seen other people post links for it, but I can also say that I just picked up the same thing at Gamestop.

Just look (or ask for) an adapter for headphones for use with HDMI.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#3Aadrian1234(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:39:39 AM
JoboHotep posted...
There's an adapter for that. I've seen other people post links for it, but I can also say that I just picked up the same thing at Gamestop.

Ok thanks, I'll look that up
---
#4JoboHotepPosted 2/8/2013 1:53:18 AM
Aadrian1234 posted...
JoboHotep posted...

Ok thanks, I'll look that up

No problem, glad I could help! Most certainly check online first, as I'm sure that will be the cheapest place to find it (I know other people have mentioned Amazon).

I only mentioned Gamestop as a reference since that's where I picked mine up.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#5Aadrian1234(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:55:51 AM
Found it online, just watched a video review to make sure it works, and it looks like it does!
---
#6CapwnDPosted 2/8/2013 3:47:05 AM
I suggest getting the one from Monoprice.com. Monprice dongle is also 3rd party (MS doesn't make the dongle anymore) but it works just like the first party dongle.

Maybe the other 3rd party adapters are better now, but some of the 3rd party adapters have the same HDCP issue that you may get if you do the workaorund yourself (google Xbox 360 hdmi hack for the workaround)

The HDCP issues aren't terrible, and may not affect you (depends on your monitor).
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh