This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the best experiences you've had with local multiplayer this gen?

#11GorillaOnRoofPosted 2/8/2013 5:38:11 AM
EDF & Dungeon Defender
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#12homestylesPosted 2/8/2013 5:41:38 AM
Splosion Man and Ms. Splosion Man were absolute riots. A highly recommended experience.
#13JonestwnKoolaidPosted 2/8/2013 5:42:33 AM
Condemned 2

Farmhouse

LAN 2-4

Completely dark room with a solid sound system = good times
---
Oh Yeah
#14pothocketPosted 2/8/2013 5:46:06 AM
OMG more Rockband than I would care to calculate. Between me and my ex we have a library of around 300 songs. Not joking. I was on guitar, she was on bass and/or vocals (yes both at once), and her sister was on drums. It was epic.

Playing through the Gears campaigns was pretty fun too but nothing beats Portal 2 for sheer laughs. Seriously, I have never laughed as hard or as much than split screen Portal 2 coop.

The surprise hit was the Watchmen arcade game. Just classic brawler gameplay and lots of laughs. The strategy of knocking people down and kicking them on the ground never gets old.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#15SunDevil77Posted 2/8/2013 5:46:52 AM
Not my favorite, but I feel like it should be mentioned, Animal Crossing Wild World.

Nothing better than jumping into your brother's town, digging a f*** ton of holes around so his town looks like crap, and retreating back to my town and closing it so he can't get to me
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#16Enix Belmont(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 8:24:18 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Not my favorite, but I feel like it should be mentioned, Animal Crossing Wild World.

Nothing better than jumping into your brother's town, digging a f*** ton of holes around so his town looks like crap, and retreating back to my town and closing it so he can't get to me

As stupid as it sounds, I forgot DS was this gen. And animal crossing is great for this, although a bit different. I'd like to add

Jump Ultimate Stars(maxed out the timer twice...200 hours + whatever went over)
Mario Party DS(full thing is single cart!)
Mario Kart DS
Final Fantasy: Crystal chronicles(one of them, anyway, and the other is pretty decent. I don't remember which I enjoyed more.)
Pokemon multi(playing in the same room gives something to talk about if nothing else)
Metroid Prime Hunters(not bad)
Bleach: Blade of fate(or maybe something else? second one, anyway. Don't even like bleach but I liked this)
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#17DonomegaPosted 2/9/2013 8:26:01 AM
Probably playing Mario Kart Wii and Super Mario Bros Wii with my wife and kids

And to think most people would rather have some kid yell at them over a mic in CoD then play with their families
---
Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 640K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk
3DS FC: 0903-4184-6816
#18Perfect LightPosted 2/9/2013 8:40:19 AM
Skylanders Giants. My wife and I are kind of obsessed at the moment and it's definitely the most fun we've had with co-op. I don't play MP usually, so I don't have much else to choose from.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#19faris_ruhiPosted 2/9/2013 9:09:18 AM
Unfortunately, most of the people I knew that were into Halo, I lost touch with due to moving away, so no local multi experience with that. We did play a little bit of Halo 2 at the beginning of this gen (halo 3 wasn't released yet), actually we played 8 players local multiplayer 2 or 3 times and that was awesome.

Anyways, other experiences.

-COD4, BLOPS, BLOPS2.

-Rock Band (this is probably the most fun I have, we usually end up laughing uncontrollably at least once). All of us put together have a combined library of over 1000+ songs, so there are man songs we haven't played through, we keep it fresh.

-Mario Kart Wii, sometimes played all night.

-Super Smash Bros Brawl (co-op especially)
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Backlog on hold. Currently playing: Halo 4
#20JockoPosted 2/9/2013 1:54:42 PM
Believe it or not the Burger King game Big Bumpin 4 player hockey mini games are a blast. It's two on two versus and you can substitute 1 to 3 players with AI if you're short a player or two. The other mini games on the game are fun in general but again the two hockey boards are where it's at. You can get it at Gamestop for around 3 bucks so it's low risk high reward if you want to try it.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.