This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs Poll results. Really???

#11memphis12Posted 2/8/2013 1:55:28 AM
I can't remember the last time I bought a used game. I would rather completely support the developer than partially through used games.

People will get over it. Apple seem to be doing just fine & I don't see to many people complaining who purchase games through Steam.

PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO FIND THINGS TO MOAN ABOUT.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#12JoboHotepPosted 2/8/2013 2:00:17 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
JoboHotep posted...
I normally prefer to buy new games (not necessarily at release though), but sometimes I simply can't find an older game I want "new" reasonably.

Great example, I recently went into a Gamestop I'd not been in before, and found a copy of Culcept Saga for $12. Also, found a copy of The Saboteur for $9.

For me, the reduced price isn't why I buy used games, it's generally because I can't find a new copy easily.

Fair.

This is usually when I buy used as well - Lost Odyssey or Nier being the last used game for me... No new copies seemed to exist at that time.

You would hope that if used games were abolished that hard to find games would be easier to find... Although everything seems to be going that way anyway... Amazon has, or can find most games now (compared to 2 years ago).

Agreed. That's why I feel digital distribution still has awhile to go. After reading a bit of the Culdcept Saga board, it seems that I wasn't the only one who wanted it available as a GoD (since a physical copy is a bit hard to find).

I just happened to find it, but before that, if it would have been available on GoD, I probably would have bought it via that method.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#13Aadrian1234Posted 2/8/2013 2:03:13 AM
The only way I would promote not being able to play used games if we had sales like the steam sales, and if prices dropped lower quicker. If none of this happens, I probably won't be getting the new consoles, and will make sure all my friends know about this so they don't make that mistake. It's still up to them to buy it or not, but I would just make sure they knew
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth Message me via PSN Xbox live or i will ignore the request
3DS: 0817-4248-5560 PM me your FC if you add me
#14memphis12Posted 2/8/2013 2:07:12 AM
Aadrian1234 posted...
The only way I would promote not being able to play used games if we had sales like the steam sales, and if prices dropped lower quicker. If none of this happens, I probably won't be getting the new consoles, and will make sure all my friends know about this so they don't make that mistake. It's still up to them to buy it or not, but I would just make sure they knew

Yeah, as you said.. They may not share your view on the matter. They may think it's a blessing in disguise, or could completely agree with you.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#15NemerlightPosted 2/8/2013 2:40:23 AM
I rarely buy used but i always sell my games once im done so that might be a problem.
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is best PC game of 2012.
#16Limp_sugarPosted 2/8/2013 2:58:39 AM
I don't buy a lot of games(2 or 3 over a couple of months) but I always buy new.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.
#17NevercomingdownPosted 2/8/2013 2:59:12 AM
I don't really buy many used games. I do trade games with my friends though.
---
GT: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
Ron Paul 2012: Because voting for other candidates whose main supporters are big banks and the wallstreet elite is un-American.
#18Arucard05Posted 2/8/2013 3:03:09 AM(edited)
People in this situation always forget that buying used games is only half of the equation. Those games are only used because somebody sold them. Many more people than you think get new games by selling their old ones.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#19memphis12Posted 2/8/2013 3:08:22 AM
Arucard05 posted...
People in the situation always forget that buying used games is only half of the equation. Those games are only used because somebody sold them. Many more people than you think get new games by selling their old ones.

I guess people are going to have to be more careful with their money.

Pointless buying a cereal bowl if you can't afford the cereal to go in it.
---
#20JTC87Posted 2/8/2013 3:08:52 AM
I came to the board to see if anyone had posted about this. I buy all my games new, I never buy used games. I like to support developers and not companies (Gamestop) that rip off the consumer. It baffles me that so many people say they wouldn't buy the console, it is people like them that hold back the development of future technologies. If a game is bad enough that you are going to want to sell it, why buy it in the first place? I only buy good games, games that I will never sell. If everyone did this, developers would think twice before rushing out a half assed games because they know people will think twice before buying a crappy game that they cannot sell. A non used game system also pushes digital distribution, if you can never buy a game used and you have to buy new, why not buy it digitally? No waiting in line at the store and dealing with incompetent employees. No, wasted shelf space, switch between games quickly. I feel that no used games consoles would be a good thing and a step in the right direction into the future of video gaming. Plus, if all the console makers did it, it would be a pretty standard thing, either endure it, or don't play video games.