This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs Poll results. Really???

#291CaliberChampPosted 2/8/2013 2:12:33 PM
A lot of people use gamefly which to get used games. Then there is Amazon selling of used games. You ll do many people a disservice and cost people loss of jobs because of your ignorant stance of supporting no used game support.
---
Recommended games: Guild Wars 2, The Witcher 2, Skyrim, Batman arkham city, Brutal Legend
Terrible games: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Diablo 3, X-Com, War Z
#292NofoundationPosted 2/8/2013 2:17:08 PM
I buy about 90% of my games from Gamefly. If it's a "sure-thing" title then I get it new but the last game I did that for was Borderlands 2 maybe? I'm a pretty big fan of Microsoft but if they try to pull this crap I'll head elsewhere.
---
"An account created 7 years ago is my alt"-Warhammeronl speaking about DarkSoulPriest
#293NotJet_Posted 2/8/2013 2:21:40 PM
Download Antichamber for Free only at "http://antichamber.downloads2go.info"! Thanks for the free game!
#294brutalrhinoPosted 2/8/2013 2:21:47 PM
ITT: Vocal minority.
---
GT - brutalrhino
#295End_Break_FomarPosted 2/8/2013 2:26:11 PM
It's a matter of principal against greed. We have on disc DLC characters and content in games now. It's just getting ridiculous.
#296EraYachiPosted 2/8/2013 2:26:47 PM
I have one concern about 'used games' being blocked.

If you try to take your game to your friend's house and play it there--what then? Is it going to be locked to a particular account, or to a particular system? If I can't take a game to a friend's house or lend it to someone for a few days, then eff that. If I buy a game, I should be allowed to let someone borrow it. Call me old-fashioned.

Another thing is, if they plan on blocking used games, they'd sure as 'ell put more games in stock. I'm tired of hearing about this great game that just came out, going to an EB Games/Gamestop or any other store and finding out it's sold out. Forever. If they're going to make new games the ONLY ones legitimately available for purchase, they'd better be prepared to push sales on the store distributors so they have lots in stock.

Not everyone has access to amazing Internet speeds. I know I don't--I try to download one game at a few gigs, I better be prepared to wait overnight. More stock in-store, and no used games becomes less hassle.
#297RagKnightPosted 2/8/2013 2:31:20 PM
It means I can't barrow games from my friends.
---
Anticipating:The Last Guardian>Guild Wars 2>Bioshock Infinite>MGS:GZ>The Last of Us>Star Wars1313>Rayman:Origins>FFXIII-2>Rage
#298tamayamawuvPosted 2/8/2013 2:40:38 PM
I voted, "I'd live with it, as long as new game prices were lower". Honestly surprised to see that wasn't the major choice ._.

Of course, it would depend on the console and the games it has, but for games I want, I usually buy them within a few weeks of release new anyway. It's only rarer games that I'd buy used, since it'd be the same price as if it were new anyway, lol.
#299PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 2/8/2013 2:43:58 PM
If you think blocking used games is ok, you obviously haven't even given it a second of thought.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#300semiokmePosted 2/8/2013 2:44:33 PM
tamayamawuv posted...
I voted, "I'd live with it, as long as new game prices were lower". Honestly surprised to see that wasn't the major choice ._.

Same. I buy games I want new, because I want them. Games that I'm not sure on, or I simply missed I wind up buying used. Great example is I got my 360 well into this gen, and went and picked up a used Assassin's Creed at a great local shop for $9. I liked in, and bought AC2 used as well, this time around $20. I proceeded to buy ACB, ACR, and AC3 new.

So the game developers may have lost out on 2 sales, or gained 3.
---
Admit it, you only came back to Atlanta for the hat.