This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs Poll results. Really???

#311greywolf00Posted 2/8/2013 4:41:13 PM
dudultimateness posted...
I think people should understand that by cutting out retailers developers will earn way more profit, which is good. (even if you at this point in your life don't understand why that would be good). In addition, if everything were digital there wouldn't be that fear of not being able to pick up a game again because every game would be on the online store forever.

Just something to think about. If they implemented and showed you the benefit of it then I bet a lot of you would indeed buy the console. I'm excited to see what happens though!

They only make more profit if they sell more units. If people can't buy used games some people will buy no games and others will buy less games. This could be very bad for the industry as it would further discourage innovation for fear of massive losses making more gamers even less willing to buy the same old thing with a new coat of paint.
#31295_EclipsePosted 2/8/2013 4:42:51 PM
NightDrifter05 posted...
I personally buy as many game's as I can used but those are normally older game's that are $15-20 used and $40-50 new so it's more justifiable to buy it used. Otherwise for new game's I tend to buy them all new. I find it funny that so many people call Gamestop evil and hate used game's but now that it could potentially be blocked they are in support of it all of a sudden.

I don't understand the hate for gamestop anyway.

Granted, I keep 99% of the games I buy so I don't suffer from their super low trade in rates.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#313TigressLion0330Posted 2/8/2013 4:45:23 PM
Ok FIrst I LOVE Used Games ... Why ?

Well A New Game Is 60$, Before Taxes.
For 60$ I Can Buy 4 Used Games At 15$ A Pop.
4 New Games Would Be 280$, That's A Difference Of 240$.
240$ Is A Grocery Bill For 2 Weeks.
So With The Same Amount Of Money I'm Able TO Purcahse 4 Games, That'll Last Me A While And Feed My Family. OR... Buy 1 Game And Feed My Family.

2nd, If They Have Codes To Come With Them THat Means Rentals Are Out Of The Question, Unless They Make Rental Codes Which If They Do That Means Hacking The System Would Be Easy And EVERYONE Would Do It... Aside From That, Rental Won't Work. So I'd Have To BUY The Game TO Try It, And If I Don't Like It ... Well It's Now Registered TO My System So I Can't Return It, Nor Trade It, Or Anything So Now I Have A Useless Game... Wow 60$ GONE !

3rdly, Say Over THe COurse Of My System I Buy 25 Games, THat's 1500$ + Of Games... Now If My System Gets A Yellow Light Of Death For Example, I Have To Replace My System, Or Wait Like 8 Weeks For Repairs... A New System Means I Would Have To Buy The Entire Library Of Games ALL OVER AGAIN !

Lastly, If A Game COmpany Makes A Game And Markets It To Sell For March 14th 2014 Alright. Now We'll Take The Previous System A Playstation 3 Which Has Now Been On The Market For 7 Years. Now Say The Game Is Called Dark Souls 3, And I Didn't Hear About It Or Want To Purchase It At The Time. Now 7 Years Down The Road I Did(Not Unreasonable As PS3 Ran For 7 Years As Previously Stated.) So It Is Now January 21st 2021... Now UNLESS The Game Is Brand New I Can't Play It ??? So you're Telling Me I Need A NEW Copy, In Retrospect That Means If I Want That Game Either A) THe Manufacturer Has To Keep Producing That Game For 7 Years.... No It Won't Happen No Game Company Produces New Copies For 7 Years In A Row. B) OR I'm Forced To Buy It At The Moment, And If I Was To Buy A New Game EVERY Time THat Were First Marketed I Would Be Bankrupt EASY.

That's My 4 Cents, Thank You !
#31495_EclipsePosted 2/8/2013 4:48:54 PM
TigressLion0330 posted...
Ok FIrst I LOVE Used Games ... Why ?

Well A New Game Is 60$, Before Taxes.
For 60$ I Can Buy 4 Used Games At 15$ A Pop.
4 New Games Would Be 280$, That's A Difference Of 240$.
240$ Is A Grocery Bill For 2 Weeks.

Hmm... Something seems wrong here o.o
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#315_EggplantWizardPosted 2/8/2013 4:50:59 PM
Osteoporozis posted...
I hardly buy any used games. But I object strongly to not having the ability to buy or sell games. Regardless of how often I exercise that ability, I refuse to pay for hardware that doesn't allow it on principal.
Look at it this way: an American citizen has the right to protest and criticize his country. He may not do it every day, but he can. So, if the government starts contemplating taking it away, what is said citizen going to do?
Probably nothing, considering the profound lack of free will we have today, but I know I would be up in arms. Anyway, the point is, I'm not gonna take it.

Someone who knows what freedom is about. That's rare these days.
I totally agree with you.
These companies want to tell people what they can/ can't do with their purchases. If I want to play a game for several months or whatever, then, give it away to someone (or sell it), that's my business.
---
Currently playing Borderlands, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Kirby Super Star, Minecraft, and Secret of Mana.
#316WinternovaPosted 2/8/2013 4:54:10 PM
Nairodmatic posted...
Calm yourself.

These companies wish to excessively acquire more millions and billions in currency than the millions and billions that they already possess.

I know that I'm not a company, but if I personally collected a million or so U.S. dollars over the next few months, I would most likely be good the rest of my life.

I get it though. They're in the business of making money. That is fine. But to potentially "lock in" profits for themselves by attempting to stifle or eliminate a second hand market seems-to me-greedy.

I'm perfectly calm, Nimrodomatic.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=717276

"For the end of fiscal year 2013: "GAAP loss per share is expected to be approximately ($0.27) to ($0.06)."

Yeah, publishers like EA are being greedy, locking in profits for themselves by announcing an expected loss in the past year.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#317ThefallenseraphPosted 2/8/2013 4:57:11 PM
I think its more the fact that with Gamestop if you buy it used 1 its cheaper and 2 and this is the biggest thing for me If i dont like it i can take it back and get my money back within 7 days.

Its frustrating spending 60 dollars on a game that you may be on the fence about and having it suck.
---
Let's get it on FREAK!!
#318thechaoticclownPosted 2/8/2013 5:04:24 PM
About 90 percent of my 360 games are used, bought online, or were bought on sale.
#319SwtorN00bPosted 2/8/2013 5:04:32 PM
Winternova posted...
Nairodmatic posted...
Calm yourself.

These companies wish to excessively acquire more millions and billions in currency than the millions and billions that they already possess.

I know that I'm not a company, but if I personally collected a million or so U.S. dollars over the next few months, I would most likely be good the rest of my life.

I get it though. They're in the business of making money. That is fine. But to potentially "lock in" profits for themselves by attempting to stifle or eliminate a second hand market seems-to me-greedy.

I'm perfectly calm, Nimrodomatic.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=717276

"For the end of fiscal year 2013: "GAAP loss per share is expected to be approximately ($0.27) to ($0.06)."

Yeah, publishers like EA are being greedy, locking in profits for themselves by announcing an expected loss in the past year.

Seems like all you do is mention sales, You don't hold stocks so why do you care?

The reason their profits are in the toilet is because they suck as a company or their games just suck. Bottom line is when your product is not up to par with your expectation's it is 99.99% of the time the company's fault.
#320tragik00Posted 2/8/2013 5:05:37 PM
my problem is the fact that you will not be able to borrow games. It would read the borrowed game as a used game i assume. Also what about renting games? These are all considered used games. So if i cannot play a friends game or rent a game then im not going to waste time with these new consoles.
---
psn:tragik1
xbl:tragik00