This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs Poll results. Really???

#321Titan_TurtlePosted 2/8/2013 5:10:54 PM
Blocking used games would financially destroy businesses like Gamestop. Gamestop makes a lot of its profit from used games. If you look at the bigger picture it could possibly cause many people to lose their jobs in a world where it's already hard enough to find one.
#322WinternovaPosted 2/8/2013 5:11:22 PM
SwtorN00b posted...
Winternova posted...
Nairodmatic posted...
Calm yourself.

These companies wish to excessively acquire more millions and billions in currency than the millions and billions that they already possess.

I know that I'm not a company, but if I personally collected a million or so U.S. dollars over the next few months, I would most likely be good the rest of my life.

I get it though. They're in the business of making money. That is fine. But to potentially "lock in" profits for themselves by attempting to stifle or eliminate a second hand market seems-to me-greedy.

I'm perfectly calm, Nimrodomatic.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=717276

"For the end of fiscal year 2013: "GAAP loss per share is expected to be approximately ($0.27) to ($0.06)."

Yeah, publishers like EA are being greedy, locking in profits for themselves by announcing an expected loss in the past year.

Seems like all you do is mention sales, You don't hold stocks so why do you care?

The reason their profits are in the toilet is because they suck as a company or their games just suck. Bottom line is when your product is not up to par with your expectation's it is 99.99% of the time the company's fault.

I'm not the one claiming that publishers are being "greedy". The fact I posted refutes the "greed" argument.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#323AkujatuPosted 2/8/2013 5:11:31 PM
I don't buy anything used. No matter what it is. I tend to have the "I'm not poor, so I don't care" mentality. I'll just be applying that to this situation. Have fun kiddies.
#324AugustDreamingPosted 2/8/2013 5:14:07 PM
Whenever this topic comes up I always mention that here in Australia, new console games can be between $80-100.

Having the option to buy used games is a big advantage for me.
---
Poke White FC ( June ) - 1507 1398 3559
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams
#325_EggplantWizardPosted 2/8/2013 5:17:35 PM
Akujatu posted...
I don't buy anything used. No matter what it is. I tend to have the "I'm not poor, so I don't care" mentality. I'll just be applying that to this situation. Have fun kiddies.

LOL! You're a d!ck!
---
Currently playing Borderlands, Doom, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Final Fantasy IX, Kirby Super Star, Minecraft, and Secret of Mana.
#32695_EclipsePosted 2/8/2013 5:17:46 PM
Winternova posted...

I'm not the one claiming that publishers are being "greedy". The fact I posted refutes the "greed" argument.

It does? That's interesting, I thought it just showed they expect to take a slight loss in stock price, which has nothing to do with proving whether they are greedy or not.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#327cmacinnisPosted 2/8/2013 5:25:50 PM
You little whiners need to recognize how hard it is to make a good game these days, and how much harder it is than that already just to be making games that are successful these days. This protects small game companies from not making it big and being successful; if I made something that took that much life out of me and I got wind people were making money off it (game stores) and I wasn't I'd take the same action. In short, put up, or shut up. OR go and make your own console and games, etc.
---
"Tuam ipsam vive vitam quia tuam ipsam oppetes mortem" ---Live your own life, for you will die your own death
#328Overlord HikashPosted 2/8/2013 5:28:45 PM
cmacinnis posted...
You little whiners need to recognize how hard it is to make a good game these days, and how much harder it is than that already just to be making games that are successful these days. This protects small game companies from not making it big and being successful; if I made something that took that much life out of me and I got wind people were making money off it (game stores) and I wasn't I'd take the same action. In short, put up, or shut up. OR go and make your own console and games, etc.

Hey, fun fact, we don't have to do what you say.
---
100% CJ = 100% victory
tbh, Chris Johnson should go back... to Mount Olympus. - Bio_Insanity
#329WinternovaPosted 2/8/2013 5:29:43 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Winternova posted...

It does? That's interesting, I thought it just showed they expect to take a slight loss in stock price, which has nothing to do with proving whether they are greedy or not.

It's a loss in earnings per share. Meaning that the entire business is expecting a loss rather than a profit. There are 300 Million Shares outstanding, meaning that the expected loss (per Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) is between $18 and $81 Million.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#330helix090Posted 2/8/2013 5:31:08 PM
About the news regarding the next xbox, I don't care about blocking used games since i rarely sell games I buy, but the mandatory online connection just to "use" that xbox is what will piss me off.