This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs Poll results. Really???

#331cmacinnisPosted 2/8/2013 5:32:25 PM
Overlord Hikash posted...
Hey, fun fact, we don't have to do what you say.

Actually if they go through with it, and I hope they do; you kinda will have to. :D
---
"Tuam ipsam vive vitam quia tuam ipsam oppetes mortem" ---Live your own life, for you will die your own death
#33295_EclipsePosted 2/8/2013 5:36:11 PM
Winternova posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
Winternova posted...

I'm not the one claiming that publishers are being "greedy". The fact I posted refutes the "greed" argument.

It does? That's interesting, I thought it just showed they expect to take a slight loss in stock price, which has nothing to do with proving whether they are greedy or not.

It's a loss in earnings per share. Meaning that the entire business is expecting a loss rather than a profit. There are 300 Million Shares outstanding, meaning that the expected loss (per Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) is between $18 and $81 Million.

Skewed numbers are skewed. There are several reasons for that, and still none of them prove they aren't greedy.

Just because someone takes a loss, does not clear them of greed. If you think it does then you simply fit well with the younger generation, so I suppose you are "hip" lol

cmacinnis posted...
You little whiners need to recognize how hard it is to make a good game these days, and how much harder it is than that already just to be making games that are successful these days. This protects small game companies from not making it big and being successful; if I made something that took that much life out of me and I got wind people were making money off it (game stores) and I wasn't I'd take the same action. In short, put up, or shut up. OR go and make your own console and games, etc.

Lol, you're a fool.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#333TiamatKillerPosted 2/8/2013 5:37:23 PM
I don't really care about used games.

I would be annoyed at the loss of the 'trade-in' model, and I also wonder what one would do with games they no longer want, but either way I still don't really care one way or the other.

The loss of used games, though, would have to be followed by a reduction in the prices of games.

I don't know why you people are all so quick to worship the ground that developers walk on, but I don't give a rat's ass about them as a consumer. Someone tried to say that it mattered because it's their job and our hobby...lol. Most of the market has to do with luxury items, should we all quit looking to buy things cheaper and just throw our money at businesses?
---
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ_GTX 560Ti (2GB)_Asus P8Z77-V Pro_Samsung 840 (250GB)_1TB Seagate_8GB RAM_Zalman 9900 MAX_CoolerMaster HAF 912
#334TrugamerPosted 2/8/2013 5:39:19 PM
It's not about saving money buying used it's about trading your old games remaining value towards a new game and about the product retaining it's value.

Console gaming industry crash incoming , less console sales and way less game sales and no new IP's not made by huge mega publishers that are already the most consumer unfriendly businesses on the planet .

Next gen will be all about the return to PC gaming for hardcore gamers
#335WinternovaPosted 2/8/2013 5:39:43 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Just because someone takes a loss, does not clear them of greed. If you think it does then you simply fit well with the younger generation, so I suppose you are "hip" lol

Simple logic escapes you, so it's not worth continuing discussing anything with you.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#336cmacinnisPosted 2/8/2013 5:40:20 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Lol, you're a fool.

After all that stock discussion that's the most intelligent rebuttal you had?
---
"Tuam ipsam vive vitam quia tuam ipsam oppetes mortem" ---Live your own life, for you will die your own death
#337kolewanPosted 2/8/2013 5:49:24 PM(edited)
I haven't read through the 17 pages which I'm not reading through. I'm just sharing my thoughts.

The only time I really buy a used game is when it's an older game that is difficult/impossible to find new. (Most recent example being I picked up the original Splinter Cell for xbox when I heard the HD collection wasn't coming to 360) I find this to be okay since prices for games on say Games on Demand for Xbox 360 are outrageous a lot of the time when you consider the age. Not to mention, my internet speeds are poor so downloading a game takes a long time and is a decent hit against my internet cap.

I can also only feel this being another thing to not be properly implemented and just screw over many innocent people out of money.

Customer - "Hi, I bought this game new and it's saying it's a preplayed disc, which it isn't..."

Rep - "Do you have proof?"

Customer - "Well, I have my receipt which has the date from yesterday."

Rep - "That isn't enough proof to say it isn't prepurchased"

annnnnd customer is screwed, yet again.
#338WinternovaPosted 2/8/2013 5:46:18 PM
cmacinnis posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
Lol, you're a fool.

After all that stock discussion that's the most intelligent rebuttal you had?

He thinks that a loss per share is a dip in stock price...I don't think he's capable of much more.
---
#339TrugamerPosted 2/8/2013 5:50:00 PM
I just went and voted and looked at the poll and it is even worse than 40% not buying a console.
40% refuse to buy
27% would not like it and would BUY LESS
22% would be ok as long as (ROTFLMAO) the prices are lower , and what happens when they realize that it not the case which it won't be, divide them between the first 2 options

11% are OK with it

So you have 67% saying this sucks and another 22% that will say it sucks when they realize the prices are going up to make up for all the lost new game sales caused by this move.

89% vs. 11% have fun with that business model
#340WinternovaPosted 2/8/2013 5:52:44 PM
GameFAQs is not representative of the gaming public.
---