This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs Poll results. Really???

#341Perfect LightPosted 2/8/2013 5:53:44 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Polls are always dumb lying bs from "gamers". Don't believe it. 99% of gamers will roll right over if both MS and Sony implement anti-used. There's enough crossover between Sony and MS that some are cheap enough to switch teams over this, but if both do it, few would actually just go Wii U or (hypocritically) PC.

How is going to the PC hypocritical? Steam has sales XBL and PSN do not. No need for used games when new ones are 3 bucks.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#342DolphLundgrennnPosted 2/8/2013 5:59:48 PM
Everybody says steam sales when steam sales have been atrocious compared to other websites like GMG and GG.
#343ZrodeathPosted 2/8/2013 6:01:38 PM
i never buy anything used so it wouldnt affect me
hope this kills gamestop
#344NairodmaticPosted 2/8/2013 6:02:39 PM
Winternova posted...
Nairodmatic posted...
Calm yourself.

These companies wish to excessively acquire more millions and billions in currency than the millions and billions that they already possess.

I know that I'm not a company, but if I personally collected a million or so U.S. dollars over the next few months, I would most likely be good the rest of my life.

I get it though. They're in the business of making money. That is fine. But to potentially "lock in" profits for themselves by attempting to stifle or eliminate a second hand market seems-to me-greedy.

I'm perfectly calm, Nimrodomatic.

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=717276

"For the end of fiscal year 2013: "GAAP loss per share is expected to be approximately ($0.27) to ($0.06)."

Yeah, publishers like EA are being greedy, locking in profits for themselves by announcing an expected loss in the past year.

So first you cuss at me (a stranger), then you're condescending with a definition of greed, then you slyly call me a nimrod...and then you hit me with some sort of business report?

Is this how you speak to people in person? Gotta love those web muscles.

I'm not a business man. I don't understand that stuff. I didn't read it all. But if I'm EA, and I tell you that I expect to make 800 million next year (for the sake of my example), but only make 700, how did I lose?

I never had it to begin with.

But regardless, you made 700 million! How does a loss per share equate to being justified in attempting to "ensure" your millions or billions in profit by eliminate a valid form of commerce? That sounds like trying to collect more than you need. Or earned for that matter.

Oh, and just so we're clear, I've been civil. If you can't post with respect, then don't bother.
---
Maybe video games should cost less than 20 million and take less than 3 years to make. Because $60 a pop is some b*******!
#345AJ2412Posted 2/8/2013 6:02:42 PM
hope this kills gamestop

Gamestop is awesome, man. The hell are you talking about?
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#34695_EclipsePosted 2/8/2013 6:08:39 PM
AJ2412 posted...
hope this kills gamestop

Its "cool" to hate gamestop.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#347violentdissmayPosted 2/8/2013 6:21:03 PM
I rarely buys used games, its mostly if I cant find it, or Im kind of being coerced into it. The last used game I bought was Crysis 2
---
Up with this I will not put! - Bernard Black
#348Devil_wings00Posted 2/8/2013 6:30:46 PM(edited)
Got to love when people think the majority agrees with them because a very small vocal minority is all they hear. Used games are a HUGE market and by killing off used games and doing it will do nothing but hurt the dev's, not help. At the end of the day the majority of people just don't give a crap about where the money goes, just that they are saving money.

While I doubt many will out and out boycott a system for this, It won't surprise me to see game sales plummet overall. People will have to think very carefully about every single purchase since they will have no method of recouping money if it sucks. I'd also be shocked if game prices actually drop because of this. If anything game prices will stay higher, longer. It's not the same as steam where there is no middle man and prices can be changed on a whim. Sony/Microsoft have to approve (since dev's/publishers have to license the games through them in order for it to appear on their consoles) then they have to get each individual retail chain to play ball. Not an easy feat.

People will only buy the uber high profile games and smaller games will have no chance since people won't want to risk money on an unproven new IP (this already happens) because they have no way to recoup any of the money if they don't like it. So ya essentially this will just demolish any game that isn't a heavily marketed major title or small indie title that's digital only. This decision helps no one but the big publishers who already dominate the market and they have effectively convinced you all to more or less defend THEIR best interests and not yours. Thanks to the loud vocal minority who have been brainwashed by their "used games are evil" BS they think everyone is cool with it. If the poll proved anything is that at best people will deal with it but barely more then 10% actually like the idea.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#349DanteSInferno84Posted 2/8/2013 6:29:07 PM
Winternova posted...
GameFAQs is not representative of the gaming public.

The vast majority of other gameing communities absolutely disgusted with the idea of used game blocks would suggest at least in this point, Gamefaqs is in line with them.
#350DartkunPosted 2/8/2013 6:31:22 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
AJ2412 posted...
hope this kills gamestop

Its "cool" to hate gamestop.

Yes because exclusivity rights to certain games from appearing on steam and must be purchased via box copy is cool.
Crappy exclusive preorder DLC to the store when not everyone has access to those stores is cool.
---
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius