This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs Poll results. Really???

#41Arucard05Posted 2/8/2013 5:06:58 AM
The "system" as you put it works for him, yes. But does it work for the developer? No.

Who gives a suit? He's a consumer, not a developer. They want things in their favor, we want it in ours.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#42RockLobster1996Posted 2/8/2013 5:13:26 AM
How would they implement this system anyway. Will the disc only play on your console or do you have to download the games??? You couldnt play your games at your mates house or something...
---
The most random question you will ever see:
Can i teleport a potato into your cats mouth so it can take a dump on Bruce Willis?
#43memphis12Posted 2/8/2013 5:18:18 AM
Arucard05 posted...
The "system" as you put it works for him, yes. But does it work for the developer? No.

Who gives a suit? He's a consumer, not a developer. They want things in their favor, we want it in ours.

Well, to answer your question. The developers give a suit, also I'm a consumer and I give a suit. Why? Because I want that company to be able to bring out expansions & sequels. Make another franchise completely.

The bottom line is:
It's his HOBBY, it's the developers JOB! (You see the difference)
If he can't afford the hobby, get a new one. If you want to boycott the next system out of "principle" see you later. I on the other hand, will support the developer who gives me the game to play, as will millions more.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#44stekim40Posted 2/8/2013 5:18:31 AM
Some of us have a tight budget to live with and things like gaming are not as high priority as heating and eating, then you have to pay your bills.

For me used games are important, I can very rarely drop 40 on a new game (unless I spend a couple of months saving for it) whereas its not so bad to wait a couple of weeks and get a 2nd hand copy for 25. That 15 difference might be nothing to some, but to me its the difference between paying a bill and not paying it.

If the new Xbox or PS4 block used games, sadly I'll have to avoid them.
---
Playing: Ni no kuni, Far Cry 3, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#45memphis12Posted 2/8/2013 5:20:45 AM
RockLobster1996 posted...
How would they implement this system anyway. Will the disc only play on your console or do you have to download the games??? You couldnt play your games at your mates house or something...

I'm assuming the games will be download. Maybe they can load up their profile on another friends system & play the game. Not ideal, but it's better than nothing.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#46Arucard05Posted 2/8/2013 5:22:26 AM
If he can't afford the hobby, get a new one. If you want to boycott the next system out of "principle" see you later. I on the other hand, will support the developer who gives me the game to play, as will millions more.

Though I would never use a GameFAQs poll to declare anything as fact, this one does seem to suggest most people aren't entirely in favor of such a system.
---
It's better than bad.
#47memphis12Posted 2/8/2013 5:25:37 AM
Arucard05 posted...

Though I would never use a GameFAQs poll to declare anything as fact, this one does seem to suggest most people aren't entirely in favor of such a system.

Arucard, we both know it's just people blowing off steam. These same people will be here when the next gen is out (if it's digital only) saying how great it is.
It's what GameFAQs is all about. People contradicting themselves ;-) (myself included)
---
#48Arucard05Posted 2/8/2013 5:27:25 AM
It's what GameFAQs is all about. People contradicting themselves ;-) (myself included)

This, I can't agree with. Because it's so true.
---
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#49Carte360Posted 2/8/2013 5:28:03 AM
I'm 100% ok with it, as long as we get better sales and less DLC.

I mean, their reason for all this dlc stuff and online passes are used games right? Take those out and the Devs get their money and the consumer will hopefully get much better sales/prices.

Anyone who says they won't be buying the next-gen consoles are lying to themselves.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#50robinhoekPosted 2/8/2013 5:28:24 AM
Arucard05 posted...

Not to mention the system does work for developers (otherwise games would have gone the way of the dinosaur). It's not used game sales that are hurting the industry. THQ didnt go under because of used game sales. The second hand market is good for the industry.