This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs Poll results. Really???

#51metroidman92Posted 2/8/2013 5:30:00 AM
dudultimateness posted...
"FC3 new online = £27.99... Used in store = £24.99

Plus all the complaining people do about lack of booklets, scratches etc... Makes me wonder why anyone cares."

That's exactly my point. You hardly ever save more than $10 dollars (at least that's normally the case for me). Meanwhile, Gamestop will buy your completely new game for $10 and sell it back for $55 and we're not supposed to be disgusted by their profits?

It's the matter of buying old used games from years ago that makes the block a bad move. I wouldn't own half my PS2 games, and a good chunk of my 360 games, if they had decided on blocking used games.

It's to satisfy the greed of developers, and publishers. Nothing more.
---
MAAAAAAARRRRRRRKKKKKKKK
NUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
#52iceman505Posted 2/8/2013 5:31:23 AM
You falsely assume those who buy new are okay with always online DRM. You are wrong, dead wrong.
#53scoobydoobydontPosted 2/8/2013 5:31:24 AM
Polls are always dumb lying bs from "gamers". Don't believe it. 99% of gamers will roll right over if both MS and Sony implement anti-used. There's enough crossover between Sony and MS that some are cheap enough to switch teams over this, but if both do it, few would actually just go Wii U or (hypocritically) PC.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#54CapwnDPosted 2/8/2013 5:32:54 AM
I'm not going to avoid buying the console. I'm just going to buy way less games.

Same thing already happened. Gamestop, or rather EB Games, in my area, used to take back new games if you didn't like them. And they would also sell "new" games that were already opened. I was fine with that. I bought a few "new" games that were already opened. I also returned a few complete turds, such as State of Emergency.

As soon as our local stores stopped doing that, I bought about 70% less new games. I didn't want to get stuck with a turd, I couldn't afford to.

So I adapted. I don't go to that store anymore. I pretty much only buy games online now, new or used at amazon or Ebay.

These people saying they're not going to buy the console... most of them are lying. They don't mean to lie, they don't know themselves. They will buy the console, but they will buy less games.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#55CapwnDPosted 2/8/2013 5:35:14 AM
if both MS and Sony implement anti-used.

That's another point why this poll is stupid and cannot be taken seriously.

Fanboys will skew the poll way more than any actual honest responses. So you can take your .5 error percent or wtf and stuff it in a hat, when regarding gamefaqs polls.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#56memphis12Posted 2/8/2013 5:35:16 AM
Arucard05 posted...
It's what GameFAQs is all about. People contradicting themselves ;-) (myself included)

This, I can't agree with. Because it's so true.

Touché.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#57stekim40Posted 2/8/2013 5:44:15 AM
Carte360 posted...
I'm 100% ok with it, as long as we get better sales and less DLC.

I mean, their reason for all this dlc stuff and online passes are used games right? Take those out and the Devs get their money and the consumer will hopefully get much better sales/prices.

Anyone who says they won't be buying the next-gen consoles are lying to themselves.

1: You won't get less DLC, thats a fact. companies like EA want to squeeze every last penny out of you, DLC will get worse, not better.

2: I said I won't buy and I mean it, I'm not lying to myself or anyone else, you might have the willpower of a gnat but I have principles and I stick buy them. I mean what I said, I will not buy. simple as that.
---
Playing: Ni no kuni, Far Cry 3, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#58SS_MetalSonicPosted 2/8/2013 5:45:13 AM
dudultimateness posted...
"FC3 new online = £27.99... Used in store = £24.99

Plus all the complaining people do about lack of booklets, scratches etc... Makes me wonder why anyone cares."

That's exactly my point. You hardly ever save more than $10 dollars (at least that's normally the case for me). Meanwhile, Gamestop will buy your completely new game for $10 and sell it back for $55 and we're not supposed to be disgusted by their profits?

100% this. i do buy used games ,sometimes . but there isnt much benefit to doing it. 2 out of 4 of my last used game purchased ; are in such bad shape they wont play most times.

i also noticed that if a store has a used game for $24.99 there is always a new copy being sold somewhere for $27.99

sometimes it even worse. when i bought skyrim from walmart for $39.99 gamestop had it used for $54.99

singularity is $9.99 used , walmart selling it $10.00 new

i have noticed not too long ago that gamestop has it purpose and i am not $100% against them but i see that i dont need to buy used.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands
#59memphis12Posted 2/8/2013 5:50:22 AM
@CaPwnD

"you can take your .5 error percent or wtf and stuff it in a hat"

"also returned a few complete turds"

These actually tickled me.

"These people saying they're not going to buy the console... most of them are lying. They don't mean to lie, they don't know themselves. They will buy the console, but they will buy less games."

This was my point before. It's just people letting of steam. It'll all blow over.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#60nonexistingheroPosted 2/8/2013 5:51:25 AM
The used games market is part of the reason why gaming grew big so rapidly. A ton of people also buy new games, with the money they get from selling games.

I personally only buy used if it's impossible to get new. But I really wouldn't support a console that forces you to buy everything new. I also speculate games will stay longer at premium prices if you're forced to buy new. I don't buy used games often, but I there's a lot of games I buy new long after it launched. Scoring some great deals that way probably wouldn't be possible anymore. So even as someone that hardly buys used, there's still a lot to lose.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.