This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamefaqs Poll results. Really???

#91Holoogamooga_Posted 2/8/2013 6:53:42 AM
iceman505 posted...
You falsely assume those who buy new are okay with always online DRM. You are wrong, dead wrong.

This. I'm perfectly okay with having to buy new. I'm not okay with this always-online crap. I'm primarily a PC gamer, and software like Windows Live and U-Live are a huge turn off from buying games (say what you will about Steam - it at least just says, "Oh, hey you're offline now. Cool." if you're mid-game).
#92MinamoPosted 2/8/2013 6:57:03 AM
I rent games. Blocking used = no more rentals.

And LOL @ the notion that the MSRP will ever drop if they block used sales. They are making over 3x as much off of digital distribution and the customer sees zero of that difference. If you really think they'd lower prices, you're a huge sucker. This is the same company that charges to use their online service we're talking about.
#93Cable_mvc2Posted 2/8/2013 6:57:30 AM
Idiots really don't understand. If used games are blocked in the future if you want to play an older title it will be nearly impossible because you'll have no choice but to find a new version.
#94JKSonicPosted 2/8/2013 6:58:26 AM
This. I'm perfectly okay with having to buy new. I'm not okay with this always-online crap. I'm primarily a PC gamer, and software like Windows Live and U-Live are a huge turn off from buying games (say what you will about Steam - it at least just says, "Oh, hey you're offline now. Cool." if you're mid-game).

Yup, this for me too. I don't like banning used games, I mean I reeeeeally don't like it. However with all-digit that's the direction we're heading. Online only though, that's a deal breaker for me. It's amazing that companies just don't learn from it causing massive backlash in the past. EA is releasing the next Sim City game with it!
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#95Holoogamooga_Posted 2/8/2013 7:03:34 AM
Cable_mvc2 posted...
Idiots really don't understand. If used games are blocked in the future if you want to play an older title it will be nearly impossible because you'll have no choice but to find a new version.

Which, sadly, is another way for the industry to push the digital front. Supply will no longer be an issue. We'll just need bigger hard drives.
#96SlaynPosted 2/8/2013 7:04:06 AM
I think most people don't like the idea simply out of principal. Although I do like getting games cheap on ebay or craigslist.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#97GreatHammurabiPosted 2/8/2013 7:09:29 AM(edited)
Its a little absurd too because if something like this happened in just about any other industry, people would be up in arms about it.

Used cars, used cellphones, TVs, artwork, furniture, books (yes I know this is a dying medium but it still applies currently), and so on.

If it somehow was slated to become 'impossible' to utilize a used version of any of those types of items people would be completely outraged over it. I don't see why the Gaming Industry seems to think they're so different that they can get away with it.
---
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/GreatHammurabi/MySig.jpg
#98fueled-systemPosted 2/8/2013 7:12:54 AM
Why do people only assume that people BUY used games? Has it ever crossed your mind that people RENT GAMES before they buy...
#99Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/8/2013 7:18:31 AM
This has nothing to do with how many used games I buy or anything like that, it's really just a cash/power grab by companies that have the entire industry in their hands. It violates the first-sale doctrine in my opinion, and is not only bad business but illegal.
#100soft-kittyPosted 2/8/2013 7:30:05 AM
Sometimes I rent or borrow a game from a friend before I spend $60 on it. Also I buy used at places other than gamestop (mostly ebay). So when I say I don't really want a console that blocks used games, it definitely doesn't mean I give half a **** about buying a used game for $5 less than the new one at gamestop lol.