This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WTB some new "Real" RPGs on Xbox/Xbox Next

#1wieheistduPosted 2/8/2013 3:43:09 AM
Would really love something else to play on Xbox (or the next Xbox) other than a million mindless shooters/action games or boring sports games, or gimmicky kinect dance games.

Come on, MS give RPG gamers some love! Dont want to be forced to have to buy a PS4 instead of Xbox 720 because MS thinks american gamers just want Corridor Shooter #4782.

A new Lost Odyssey game would be nice! :)
---
Xbox Live GT: Nebbycat2004
#2memphis12Posted 2/8/2013 3:45:35 AM
The Withcher 3 has been confirmed for next gen.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#3RedFive3Posted 2/8/2013 3:57:32 AM
You do know that PS3 has more mindless shooter/action games than the 360 does, right? I love it when people assume, just because FPS are more popular on 360, that all the 360 has is shooters.

The PS3 has more, look it up.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#4wieheistdu(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:03:10 AM
You may be right Redfive about PS3 but I play on 360 more than PS3 (I do own one) but PS3 def has more rpgs available now and coming down the road where 5 years ago or so it was the opposite.
---
Xbox Live GT: Nebbycat2004
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 2/8/2013 4:08:47 AM
I do wish that Microsoft would go after RPGs again. Yes, Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon didn't sell that well but how about creating a new studio just for exclusive RPGs?
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#6JukainPosted 2/8/2013 5:36:48 AM
Unless you're in Japan or import the Japanese game and play the game in Japanese, the Xbox 360 still has Tales of Vesperia to wave over the PS3 crowd. =x

But the likelihood of Lost Odyssey 2 I'd say is pretty slim. Sakaguchi seems to be against the model of sequel gaming, as all the games he's put forth from Mistwalker with the possible exception of the Blue Dragon DS games have been individual releases. I quite like it that way.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#7Arucard05Posted 2/8/2013 5:38:19 AM
But the likelihood of Lost Odyssey 2 I'd say is pretty slim. Sakaguchi seems to be against the model of sequel gaming, as all the games he's put forth from Mistwalker with the possible exception of the Blue Dragon DS games have been individual releases. I quite like it that way.

This.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 2/8/2013 5:38:59 AM
Wii U is going to be the JRPG machine this gen. Bank on it.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#9chrcolPosted 2/8/2013 7:54:39 AM
there will be rpgs for the next console.

What microsoft did was sly but also clever..

In the early years games like star ocean and vesperia were released to get mugs like me to buy the console. Once console takeup was high enough the rpgs dried up. Even the fable series stopped.

So for the 720 expect lost oddysey 2. Fable4. Maybe another tales game. All released in the first 2-3 years, after that it will dry up again back to FPS.
#10EvilCactusPosted 2/8/2013 9:12:04 AM
Funny that TC asks for real RPGs but only references JRPGs instead
---
sig here