This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i will give a speech about the effects of violent games and games being an art..

#11DarkSymbiotePosted 2/8/2013 4:35:33 AM
SparkItUp posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
80/80

i will give said speech in my local church about a month from now and i would my brothers and regulars on the 360 board to help me a bit by suggesting somethings to mention/analyse/some facts/some statistics/etc. basically,i am looking for suggestions on what to put in these paragraphs :).

it will most likely be composed of the the following parts:

intorduction{mention the shootings)

history of violent video games(Texas chainsow massacre,MK,Doom)

The claimed "bad effects of violent video games"(makes you a killer)

is it true or not(esrb,history)

The positive effects of violent games(relive stress,escapism)

Games have become an art(strong stories,an analysis of the Hanako video from Katawa Shoujo)

closing words

some important notes:

1:pls dont mark this as off topic. it might be off topic but it will help me defend our beloved hobby and i posted here bc i trust the regulars here and i believe they trust me as well :).

2:If you have many important advices then pls,in addition to posting them ITT,pm them to me in case someone decided to mark this topic i will still be able to read what you said :).

3:if you think i should add/remove/change paragraph/s pls explain why :).

4:I would like of some posters here *looks at Winternova* to not turn this into a religious war ;).

5:i will post my full study here after i present it and post what they thought of it :D.

You should mention that more people have been killed in the name of religion, than in the name of video games...then ask how the effects of violence in religion have shaped mankind.

Oh man, you people can't shut up, can you?
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#12FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:35:36 AM
SparkItUp posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
80/80

i will give said speech in my local church about a month from now and i would my brothers and regulars on the 360 board to help me a bit by suggesting somethings to mention/analyse/some facts/some statistics/etc. basically,i am looking for suggestions on what to put in these paragraphs :).

Games have become an art(strong stories,an analysis of the Hanako video from Katawa Shoujo)

closing words

some important notes:

1:pls dont mark this as off topic. it might be off topic but it will help me defend our beloved hobby and i posted here bc i trust the regulars here and i believe they trust me as well :).

2:If you have many important advices then pls,in addition to posting them ITT,pm them to me in case someone decided to mark this topic i will still be able to read what you said :).

4:I would like of some posters here *looks at Winternova* to not turn this into a religious war ;).

5:i will post my full study here after i present it and post what they thought of it :D.

You should mention that more people have been killed in the name of religion, than in the name of video games...then ask how the effects of violence in religion have shaped mankind.

"4:I would like of some posters here to not turn this into a religious war ;)."
pls :).
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#13Banana_ManaPosted 2/8/2013 4:35:40 AM
SparkItUp posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
80/80

closing words

some important notes:

Also don't listen to this guy.

Although, you probably already knew not to. :)
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#14CaseyJonezPosted 2/8/2013 4:35:41 AM
SparkItUp posted...

That didn't take long.
---
Signature pending mod approval.
#15FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:36:15 AM
liam_000 posted...
SparkItUp posted...

LOL this. You might as advocate guns in this discussion as well.

Guns don't kill people. Religion does!!

"4:I would like of some posters here to not turn this into a religious war ;)."
pls :).
---
#16popping4itPosted 2/8/2013 4:44:35 AM
don't
---
Ravens WORLD Champions, Flacco = ELITE
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#17SANDBOX_GAMERPosted 2/8/2013 5:21:56 AM
popping4it posted...
don't

posts like this annoy me. either say something constructive or shut up.

To TC:i am glad that you are standing for the gamers and educating ppl about the games. thanks :D.
---
I AM THE BIGGEST PRO WRESTLING FAN IN THE WORLD.
RIP"Macho Man"Randy Savage.You were a great wrestler and all wrestling fans will miss you.
#18FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:59:47 AM
bump.
---
#19memphis12Posted 2/8/2013 6:03:14 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
SparkItUp posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
80/80

closing words

some important notes:

Also don't listen to this guy.

Although, you probably already knew not to. :)

Ahem... Lady*
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#20pothocketPosted 2/8/2013 6:03:17 AM
How conservative is your church? The only people I've known that give essays to follow members like you're describing were J-Witnesses and they were fairly conservative.

Sorry, I'm trying to ask if your church does stuff like burn Harry Potter books, ban them, or just not worry about it?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson