This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i will give a speech about the effects of violent games and games being an art..

#61FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:12:16 AM
kungfucolin posted...
finding someone to hold the camera

Tripod?

what is that >_>? Also,the camera is inside my phone. Good quality though(8 mega pixel).
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#62SparkItUpPosted 2/9/2013 10:17:18 AM
FFTHEWINNER posted...
kungfucolin posted...

Tripod?

what is that >_>? Also,the camera is inside my phone. Good quality though(8 mega pixel).

You don't know what a tripod is? Anyways, since it is a phone, that should make it easier, just position it someplace.
---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.
#63TheArcadePosted 2/9/2013 10:29:43 AM
Here's what I can offer you.

In short the effects of violent video games are varied, but I recall seeing a doctor who appeared on The Cycle (MSNBC) who was able to shed some light on the subject. So the question becomes does violent video games amplify aggression, cause you to be irrational. Answer yes, essentially in the short-term. Her studies have concluded video games does get the blood flowing but can be used for good. For example it increases your hand and eye coordination.

She took two groups of regular collage students. One group of females and another full of males. Only a few of the guys played video games whereas none of the women did. The doctor found that the guys were doing better in spacial intelligents. Now what the doctor decided to do was she directed the group to play Counter-Strike. After they learned the controls they played it a while. When they came back the difference was gone. The men/women in that group spacial intellect and hand-to-eye coordination became augmented! Whereas before it was only a couple of the guys with this attribute, before the test the women were weaker in that area but afterwards they got better.

Spacial intellect and reaction time can be applied to anything like driving for example. The games that are particularly good at increasing awareness are FPS games like Halo (according to the doctor). Additionally the study proved that most women who give video games a chance are normally hooked. Just like the men.

How does this relate to guns? Well Republicans, Democrats and the NRA (ESPECIALLY the NRA) love to point the finger at the great and mighty console. Truth is according to the doctor carrying a gun garners paranoia and long-term aggression especially in high pressure situations. Unlike video games where the aggression is short lived. Eventually the doctor concluded while video games aren't solely the problem. If it's placed in conjunction with things i.e. guns, mentally ill, films, THEN there's a chance games are going to galvanize that persons madness.

Mitigate the first two aspects guns/health and the effects of video games are very mild. The most a game could do by itself is spike aggression but that fades after like 5 minutes. The gun issue is a combination of things but I'm certain if you curb the main issues, guns and mental health, the other two games and movies become moot. So really video games aren't to blame. That is what I've learned feel free to use my input in your speech.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#64FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:12:25 PM
SparkItUp posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
kungfucolin posted...

Tripod?

You don't know what a tripod is? Anyways, since it is a phone, that should make it easier, just position it someplace.

english isnt my first language you know >_>. Any way,will check the surroundings when i get there and try to do that :).
---
#65FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:35:19 PM
TheArcade posted...

In short the effects of violent video games are varied, but I recall seeing a doctor who appeared on The Cycle (MSNBC) who was able to shed some light on the subject. So the question becomes does violent video games amplify aggression, cause you to be irrational. Answer yes, essentially in the short-term. Her studies have concluded video games does get the blood flowing but can be used for good. For example it increases your hand and eye coordination.

She took two groups of regular collage students. One group of females and another full of males. Only a few of the guys played video games whereas none of the women did. The doctor found that the guys were doing better in spacial intelligents. Now what the doctor decided to do was she directed the group to play Counter-Strike. After they learned the controls they played it a while. When they came back the difference was gone. The men/women in that group spacial intellect and hand-to-eye coordination became augmented! Whereas before it was only a couple of the guys with this attribute, before the test the women were weaker in that area but afterwards they got better.

Spacial intellect and reaction time can be applied to anything like driving for example. The games that are particularly good at increasing awareness are FPS games like Halo (according to the doctor). Additionally the study proved that most women who give video games a chance are normally hooked. Just like the men.

How does this relate to guns? Well Republicans, Democrats and the NRA (ESPECIALLY the NRA) love to point the finger at the great and mighty console. Truth is according to the doctor carrying a gun garners paranoia and long-term aggression especially in high pressure situations. Unlike video games where the aggression is short lived. Eventually the doctor concluded while video games aren't solely the problem. If it's placed in conjunction with things i.e. guns, mentally ill, films, THEN there's a chance games are going to galvanize that persons madness.

Mitigate the first two aspects guns/health and the effects of video games are very mild. The most a game could do by itself is spike aggression but that fades after like 5 minutes. The gun issue is a combination of things but I'm certain if you curb the main issues, guns and mental health, the other two games and movies become moot. So really video games aren't to blame. That is what I've learned feel free to use my input in your speech.

Nice:). Link pls?
---
#66TheArcadePosted 2/9/2013 1:52:55 PM
FFTHEWINNER posted...
TheArcade posted...

As I said it was on MSNBC. I regret I couldn't be more useful to you. If you're lucky you can find the report on Google or write MSNBC's The Cycle there's a small chance they can provide the report.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#67FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 2:35:29 AM
TheArcade posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...
TheArcade posted...

As I said it was on MSNBC. I regret I couldn't be more useful to you. If you're lucky you can find the report on Google or write MSNBC's The Cycle there's a small chance they can provide the report.

no problem friend :).
---
#68DarthBadgerPosted 2/10/2013 3:14:23 AM
It's not 80/80 if you have to add an extra period.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
Should have. Should *******have.
#69Splice_Posted 2/10/2013 5:34:48 AM
I think it's very important to mention that there are different games made for different age groups and audiences. A lot of people think games are made JUST for kids and were all weirdos for playing them into adulthood, and that game makers are trying to sell m-rated games to two year-olds
#70FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 5:36:39 AM
last bump.
---