This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any war games where you can play as the villains in WWII?

#1Itachi62Posted 2/8/2013 7:03:46 AM
I've fought for three sides but have yet to fight for the fourth. I am NOT a radical but I'd really like to play as the villain in in a WWII game because I tend to like playing the evil characters when I can. Are there any games that let me?
#2pothocketPosted 2/8/2013 7:16:47 AM
Strategy Wargames
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3Embo-1Posted 2/8/2013 7:25:46 AM
Yeah company of heroes is a good example. Or battle stations pacific or RUSE.

As said, strategy games are your best options, I can't think of any fps's head where you play as nazi's or imperials :/
---
Bolt actions speak louder than words
#4ZimmygunnarPosted 2/8/2013 7:58:38 AM
Try the Hearts of Iron series
---
GT: romertremor http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
Pawn - Donovan/Sorcerer
#5JenniferTatePosted 2/8/2013 7:59:54 AM
Hearts of Iron.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#6SparkItUpPosted 2/8/2013 8:28:47 AM(edited)
TC, do you mind if they are PC games? or are you referring to only 360 games?

If you are referring to PC or other consoles, I would strongly recommend the PTO series...Fantastic games...You can play as either the Japanese or Americans in PTO , PTO II, or PTO IV. In PTO IV , you can play as the Americans, Japanese, British, Germans or Russians (pretty sure you can play as the Russians). Games in the PTO series are resource management & troop/ship/aircraft deployment type of games...fantastic if you love true strategy games. PTO stands for Pacific Theater of Operations and takes place during WWII. Can be found on NES, SNES, GEN, PS1, PS2, & PC.

There is also ETO, a spinoff of PTO available. It's actually a bit better and a bit more indepth as it's PTO counterpart, but only because the gameplay permits it more so than PTO ever did situationally. Can be found on SNES or PC.

Another good game is Panzers Phase One ( I believe that is the title). You can play as the Americans, British or Germans. It's an RTS. Takes place during WWII. As far as I know it is only available on PC.

Yet another is Panzer General...I have found Panzer General II to be the best in the series. This is a turn based strategy game. You can play as the Americans, British, Soviets or Germans. Takes place during WWII. As far as I know this can only be found on PC. There is an XBLA version of Panzer General, but is an extremely poor adaption of the game.

Another is Squad Leader. This is a turn based strategy where you control a company of soldiers (a squad per mission however). It has some RPG elements in that your soldiers start off as recruit level soldiers and their stats increase as they become more experienced. Random events such as letters from home also effect the moral of your soldiers and how they fight. Truly innovative and underrated for its time. You can play as the Americans, British or Germans.I consider this a turn based third person strategy. Takes place during WWII. As far as I know, PC only.

Axis & Allies is another. It's kind of like Risk, but with many more variables. You can play as the Americans, British, Germans, Japanese or Soviets. PC is the only format that I am aware of (besides the board game).

Liberty or Death is yet another. It is kind of like PTO, except that it takes place during the Revolutionary War instead of WWII. I have found it only for the SNES. You can play as the American Colonies or as the British.

Some of the console only games can obviously be found if you are into roms.
---
http://youtu.be/_JyETEkNXSY
Not only the best football player alive...the absolute sexiest.
#7TheBlueStigPosted 2/8/2013 8:34:00 AM
Every FPS WWII game with multiplayer, someone has to play the bad guys in multiplayer.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8Itachi62(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:52:06 PM
TC, do you mind if they are PC games? or are you referring to only 360 games?

If you are referring to PC or other consoles, I would strongly recommend the PTO series...Fantastic games...You can play as either the Japanese or Americans in PTO , PTO II, or PTO IV. In PTO IV , you can play as the Americans, Japanese, British, Germans or Russians (pretty sure you can play as the Russians). Games in the PTO series are resource management & troop/ship/aircraft deployment type of games...fantastic if you love true strategy games. PTO stands for Pacific Theater of Operations and takes place during WWII. Can be found on NES, SNES, GEN, PS1, PS2, & PC.

There is also ETO, a spinoff of PTO available. It's actually a bit better and a bit more indepth as it's PTO counterpart, but only because the gameplay permits it more so than PTO ever did situationally. Can be found on SNES or PC.

Another good game is Panzers Phase One ( I believe that is the title). You can play as the Americans, British or Germans. It's an RTS. Takes place during WWII. As far as I know it is only available on PC.

Yet another is Panzer General...I have found Panzer General II to be the best in the series. This is a turn based strategy game. You can play as the Americans, British, Soviets or Germans. Takes place during WWII. As far as I know this can only be found on PC. There is an XBLA version of Panzer General, but is an extremely poor adaption of the game.

Another is Squad Leader. This is a turn based strategy where you control a company of soldiers (a squad per mission however). It has some RPG elements in that your soldiers start off as recruit level soldiers and their stats increase as they become more experienced. Random events such as letters from home also effect the moral of your soldiers and how they fight. Truly innovative and underrated for its time. You can play as the Americans, British or Germans.I consider this a turn based third person strategy. Takes place during WWII. As far as I know, PC only.

Axis & Allies is another. It's kind of like Risk, but with many more variables. You can play as the Americans, British, Germans, Japanese or Soviets. PC is the only format that I am aware of (besides the board game).

Liberty or Death is yet another. It is kind of like PTO, except that it takes place during the Revolutionary War instead of WWII. I have found it only for the SNES. You can play as the American Colonies or as the British.

Some of the console only games can obviously be found if you are into roms.

This is an awesome post. Thanks! I'll check these out.