This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you guys ok with having holes in the Xbox 720's game cases?

#11Super CreaturesPosted 2/8/2013 7:30:53 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
There must be some hiccup with production in Europe, because I have a few eco cases, but none of them have holes in them. They have that same six spoke thing, but the spaces are filled with a thinner plastic rather than just air.

Unless us Europeans just won't let dat soot fly, yo.

That is the newer "eco friendly" design, probably because too many people were *****ing about scratched discs from the ones that have the full section of plastic removed instead of just thinner.

I don't have a problem with it when it is the front of the case (behind the manual), but it can lead to damaged discs (during shipping, retailers handling the case, etc) when done for the back of the case (behind the disc).
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#12The DevourerPosted 2/8/2013 7:41:03 PM
I'm anal. I don't like it. Most cases which have chunks taken out of it are more flimsy compared to ones which are all plastic too. I don't like how flimsy they are.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#13Mr_Big_BossPosted 2/8/2013 7:47:41 PM
That is the newer "eco friendly" design, probably because too many people were *****ing about scratched discs from the ones that have the full section of plastic removed instead of just thinner.

The only reason behind this is money, they are now cutting back the cost of producing the case to increase their total profits.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#14jenekiPosted 2/8/2013 7:47:44 PM
I always find it hilarious how the one part that needs to be protected (the disc) is the part with holes. Why can't there be holes above or below the disc?

Luckily replacement cases are cheap, so I don't have to keep insufficient cases.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.