This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You become President and CEO of Microsoft. Gaming-Wise: What do you do?

#31scoobydoobydontPosted 2/8/2013 3:17:25 PM
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
to even describe what i would do might be considered illegal immoral and a breach of the constitution, and considering im not even american thats saying something.

Now I must know...
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#32Ryan2002Posted 2/8/2013 4:23:19 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
Touch myself and roll in money.

You are already halfway there!
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://tinyurl.com/45pdkzf http://oi48.tinypic.com/ip48x1.jpg http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
#33BobbyCrougarPosted 2/12/2013 11:50:54 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
BobbyCrougar posted...
--Positioning of on screen elements (too many games huds, healthbars, scores etc. distract the players pov)

No, doing that would make every game feel the same, and that's just NOT a good idea. Stay OUT of game development, it kills originality and creativity.

Customizing game display(s) wouldn't make every game feel the same. If anything I'd get to more openly enjoy their work, instead of being distracted by some silly font type.
---
Soon we will all have to make the choice between what is right and what is easy
#34TheBlueStigPosted 2/12/2013 12:12:40 PM
BobbyCrougar posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
BobbyCrougar posted...
--Positioning of on screen elements (too many games huds, healthbars, scores etc. distract the players pov)

No, doing that would make every game feel the same, and that's just NOT a good idea. Stay OUT of game development, it kills originality and creativity.

Customizing game display(s) wouldn't make every game feel the same. If anything I'd get to more openly enjoy their work, instead of being distracted by some silly font type.

You're not talking about customizing, you're talking about standardizing specific things in all games. This drastically limits creativity and originality, things that are already too limited in the game industry.

You being distracted by a font is your own problem and is indicative of low level OCD.

And yes it definitely would make games of the same genre feel the same if all the HUD elements were in the exact same place and even had the same font.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#35chrcolPosted 2/12/2013 12:13:29 PM
I already said what I would do a few months back but noone replied to my thread.

Trying to remember was something like this.

I would ban paid for DLC released within 6 months of game.
Avatars, costumes, maps etc. would have to be free.
Retail exclusive offers would be banned.
Games would have to have bug support for at least 12 months following release.
Any PAID DLC would drop price in line with retail price drops so stopping situations such as 15 for game 50 for the DLC.
Pre order bonuses cannot be for game content.
No game content can be exclusive to regions.
Would be no games exclusive to the console only multi platform.
Disc swapping wouldnt be needed just to enforce copy protection.
No copy protection game saves.
I would cap release schedule for full games from publishers. So eg. no annual sequels to COD.
If eg. fifa 2012 followed by fifa 2013, fifa 2013 is free for 2012 customers. Publisher dont like? then dont release for my console.
Lifetime guaruantuee on digital purchases, so if is removed from download availability or stops working full unconditional refund for purchase.
Digital purchases legal compliant (can be refunded no questions asked within 14 days).
Consoles come with 2 controllers, vga and hdmi out cables. Extra hardware is not inflated prices.
Online multiplayer is free but will offer a cheap subscription service which gives discounted games, early access to demos etc.
Netflix etc. not require paid subscription service.
Make deal with square etc. so old final fantasy games can be purchased and played. Same with snes and nes games.
Always put best version of game on digital purchase eg. fable 1 TLC instead of original fable 1, dragon age ultimate edition instead of plain dragon age.
No game content can be linked to buying other goods including other games.
Game content linked to doing things like playing a facebook game cannot be time exclusive, if publisher pulls offer then have to make the DLC available via free code or license to publish games pulled.
Game prices subject to console cap to keep under control.
#36chrcolPosted 2/12/2013 12:14:12 PM
Finally I forgot.

graphics capped to 20% of development budget and console resolution capped to max 480p to help enforce this.
#37TheArcadePosted 2/12/2013 12:15:50 PM
Buy SNK.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#38BeefEasterPosted 2/12/2013 12:27:38 PM
give myself money enemas
#39TBONE_OGPosted 2/12/2013 12:44:41 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
Touch myself and roll in money.

You are already halfway there!

I do roll in money quite often... at least 3 times a day.
---
Always O.G.