This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wonder is MS and the "buy new only" people even realize...

#1WhiteSkullPosted 2/8/2013 11:49:49 AM
That a ban of used games will HURT startup companys new IP and ideas etc..?

I mean how many people will risk buying those new games when they cant sell it if they dont like it?

in the long run alot of new stuff and startup companys wont even last as to few people will risk buying the games.

I sure wont even a friend of mine last night told me if they do it they will save him a crap ton of money as he wont buy sh** titles anymore lol.

What they should do is just make every game need a 1 time use passcode and they can sell those codes for 10$ so people can still sell games but buyers have to give publishers a bit of cash.

This hole thing is just a greed thing with big companys wanting more cash.

Course i see gamefly and gamestop both trying to stop it anyway, and hard to tell if the courts will block this or not.
#2seankimberley42Posted 2/8/2013 11:51:37 AM
There's like 14 other topics about this on the first page. Any reason you couldn't add your point to one of those?
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#3SunDevil77Posted 2/8/2013 11:51:44 AM
Is it just me or does topic title hurt anyone else's head to read?
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#4seankimberley42Posted 2/8/2013 11:52:36 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

It's supposed to be "if," not "is."
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#5WinternovaPosted 2/8/2013 11:53:58 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

Start off with a title like that and the rest of the post is quite easy to dismiss.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#6WhiteSkull(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:56:46 AM
Winternova posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Start off with a title like that and the rest of the post is quite easy to dismiss.

yet you still give me free bumps so more see my post thanks :)
#7JirynPosted 2/8/2013 11:59:58 AM
WhiteSkull posted...
That a ban of used games will HURT startup companys new IP and ideas etc..?

I mean how many people will risk buying those new games when they cant sell it if they dont like it?

in the long run alot of new stuff and startup companys wont even last as to few people will risk buying the games.

I sure wont even a friend of mine last night told me if they do it they will save him a crap ton of money as he wont buy sh** titles anymore lol.

What they should do is just make every game need a 1 time use passcode and they can sell those codes for 10$ so people can still sell games but buyers have to give publishers a bit of cash.

This hole thing is just a greed thing with big companys wanting more cash.

Course i see gamefly and gamestop both trying to stop it anyway, and hard to tell if the courts will block this or not.

Also, the "Buy new only" idea would make console sales illegal in Europe.
Europe recently passed a law not only protecting the sale of used games, but enforced the ability to sell used items. Meaning everything has to have a way to be resellable.

For instance, Steam got in trouble, and was recently sued because you cannot re-sell their cd-keys/games. Now the company is trying to find a way to make this possible in accordance with the law.
---
The patience it takes to play FFXI and EQ is the patience it takes to kill yourself by bashing your head into a wall.
#8WinternovaPosted 2/8/2013 12:02:05 PM
WhiteSkull posted...
Winternova posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Advertising a lack of intelligence isn't something you should be thanking me for.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#9WhiteSkull(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:03:06 PM
Winternova posted...
WhiteSkull posted...
Winternova posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Advertising a lack of intelligence isn't something you should be thanking me for.

you seem to think i care about my intel lol
#10therickmu25Posted 2/8/2013 12:05:47 PM
Buy new will work perfectly if the lesser known games like TC mentioned are offered at discounted prices. This concept of 'Buy new' works perfectly on the PC with Steam. You can't trade any of those digital games back once you purchase them, but if you only burnt $5-$10 on the game, who cares?

The days of every new games being $60-(65 with tax) have to end if the smaller studios want their games to sell. This is of course if the rumor is actually true which I still doubt.
---
Desktop: http://i.imgur.com/qv9CK.jpg
Current Game Collection: http://i.imgur.com/FYaHS.jpg