This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So 40% of the console gamers here won't be on the forums next year?

#21zender1999Posted 2/8/2013 4:46:36 PM
what happens to your game collection once a new console comes out and your console wont be able to work online anymore( like older xbox) or just if xbl finishesh to exist?
#22EternalNetherPosted 2/8/2013 4:53:53 PM
The only people that will come back are people that don't get how much the industry takes advantage of them. This entire generation has been nothing but developers doing their best to rip off, nickel and dime, and otherwise ruin what the gaming industry used to be. But the gaming community just sits back and takes it. This generation introduced DLC (the worst being day one DLC on disc, using content that should have been in the game), extreme cases of bad DRM, online passes, dashboard advertisements, and more.

There's only so much the smart people are willing to put up with. I've found my obsession with gaming turning into little more than a mild amusement over the past few years, and I'm already near the point of giving up gaming altogether (except on my smartphone). If next gen consoles and the next gen game developers spend most of their time trying to find new ways to rip us off (including the always online console requirement, used game locking, etc) I will leave and not look back.

And I know I am not the only one.
#23Ryan2002Posted 2/8/2013 5:41:50 PM
EternalNether posted...
This generation introduced DLC

http://oi50.tinypic.com/121be44.jpg

Really?
While I do agree day 1 dlc is crap, this gen didn't introduce DLC, maybe over-saturated the market with it, but far from introducing it.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://tinyurl.com/45pdkzf http://oi48.tinypic.com/ip48x1.jpg http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
#24Devil_wings00Posted 2/8/2013 5:50:26 PM
MrFail posted...
Know what happens when people can't comfortably afford games?

Now keep this quiet... they steal them and every other game a year later when PC hardware is comfortably affordable.

beauty is they will come over to PC to do this then realize that PC games that are a year old are selling for 2.50-10 bucks (activision excluded they never put anything on sale) and go "oh I guess I don't need to steal it, I can manage 5 bucks".

It's this notion that has caused PC profits to skyrocket the last couple years.
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#25SunDevil77Posted 2/8/2013 5:55:28 PM
I know I'll buy next gen consoles, heck, I already have a Wii U...but even if something so bad happened that it wasn't even feasible to buy a next gen system, I would still be a part of this community.

I will never in my life be part of the PC elitist community. PC communities are fine, but not...those people.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#26The DevourerPosted 2/8/2013 5:58:30 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
MrFail posted...
Know what happens when people can't comfortably afford games?

Now keep this quiet... they steal them and every other game a year later when PC hardware is comfortably affordable.

beauty is they will come over to PC to do this then realize that PC games that are a year old are selling for 2.50-10 bucks (activision excluded they never put anything on sale) and go "oh I guess I don't need to steal it, I can manage 5 bucks".

This basically...haha. This is the reason I own so many stupid PC games I don't want or anything and I'm so much pickier about console games.

It's not as if Walmart or anyone else picks a random game every day to give you a 75% discount or something equally awesome.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#27gogogodzillaPosted 2/8/2013 6:04:29 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
Lol, yeah right.

You all talk tough but when it comes time for you to be in the store staring at the new Xbox, you won't be able to resist. They've got you in the palm of their hand, and they know it.

The system could be $500, not have an optical drive, not play used games, and require Xbox Live to even USE the system and at least 60% of you would still buy it.

Complete bull. I will not buy a new system without good games. Also, if it requires internet access and forbids used games, I'm out.

I dropped Sony like a lead balloon when they floated the concept. If X-box follows, I won't be playing console games.

Fortunately, the gaming industry has helped to wean me from playing console games... as they've made precious few games I wanted to play over the last 4 years.

Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Forza 4 are the *ONLY* games I can think of that I wanted to play over the last 3 years.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#28CaseyJonezPosted 2/8/2013 6:12:46 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...

Yep. More and more I've been thinking I should have gone with computer gaming instead of consoles. I'm not spend $500 on a new console when I can get a decent gaming PC for $1300 with all the included perks: cheaper games, mods, everything the OS allows you to do. The only downside I can see is the frustration of getting the odd game to actually work.
---
Signature pending mod approval.
#29The DevourerPosted 2/8/2013 6:17:03 PM
CaseyJonez posted...
Devil_wings00 posted...

Yep. More and more I've been thinking I should have gone with computer gaming instead of consoles. I'm not spend $500 on a new console when I can get a decent gaming PC for $1300 with all the included perks: cheaper games, mods, everything the OS allows you to do. The only downside I can see is the frustration of getting the odd game to actually work.

I find the biggest prohibiting factor of strictly PC gaming to be shoddy ports or shoddy PC versions. Black Ops on PC was trash because the server setup was stupid. Saints Row 2 was horribly optimized, unplayable on a good system when it came out. Darksiders 2 didn't even have settings for graphics apparently. While these aren't all PC games, it's still a major annoyance at best, frustrating that it's as common as it even is to me.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#30The GooberPosted 2/8/2013 9:46:32 PM
If I cannot resell the plastic discs after I am done with them I will not pay more than 5 bucks for a new game.
---
http://www.usdebtclock.org/