This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

should i buy a hard drive-less 360 for $150?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. should i buy a hard drive-less 360 for $150?

User Info: dedrick123

dedrick123
3 years ago#1
I walked into a pawnshop and notice a shiny 360 sitting there...with a price tag of $250..

Guy said, who's know some stuff about Video games, said he'll sell it to me for $200 since it had no hard drive.

I dropped the price down to $150, He just looked and told his boss was it okay to let it go for that price. Didn't hesitate or nothing. That kinda scared me.
I told him I'd be back maņana.

tl;dc

Should I do it?

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
3 years ago#2
You're only getting $50 off after you replace the HD. Not worth the risk of used hardware with no warranty.
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF

User Info: Carte360

Carte360
3 years ago#3
If they let you return it when you find out is is broken, sure.
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk

User Info: glassghost0

glassghost0
3 years ago#4
Nope
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428

User Info: mrhappyguy12345

mrhappyguy12345
3 years ago#5
dedrick123 posted...
I walked into a pawnshop and notice a shiny 360 sitting there...with a price tag of $250..

Guy said, who's know some stuff about Video games, said he'll sell it to me for $200 since it had no hard drive.

I dropped the price down to $150, He just looked and told his boss was it okay to let it go for that price. Didn't hesitate or nothing. That kinda scared me.
I told him I'd be back maņana.

tl;dc

Should I do it?

Used? Heck no. Buy a slim for 199, then pickup a third party hdd. I got one off amazon. 250gb for $60 from China. Works fine, haven't had any console bans or any of that shmegma.
I love video games : )

dedrick123
3 years ago#6
Also, is it any way to tell how long the person had it?
I looked at the fan and it wasn't that dusty. It's dusty, but no dust clumps.

User Info: ARsignal11

ARsignal11
3 years ago#7
Carte360 posted...

Quoted because its the truth and funny.

dedrick123
3 years ago#8
Carte360 posted...

No return policy. But I tested it before I left. Load up pretty quickly. Works all right. I mean, the system looks kinda new. Just a lot of smudges. I have faith that it works.

User Info: GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim
3 years ago#9
The first mistake is buying a used 360. The second folds into the first in that you're talking about buying one from a pawnshop.

I've worked in one....those people don't take care of their s*** or they sell it knowing something is wrong with it.
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)

User Info: The Devourer

The Devourer
3 years ago#10
You can buy one from teh store with no HD for 200, brand new, so 150 isn't really that big of a deal plus it's another 100+ for the hard drive which is pretty much required if you want to have any sort of content or download stuff.
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. should i buy a hard drive-less 360 for $150?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived