This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live gold service is required to look at a video through the ign app?

#1Hucast9Posted 2/8/2013 2:53:49 PM
I'm not sure if that is a joke from Microsoft or not, but today when I clicked on a video in the preview section of the IGN app, it said that I needed Xbox Live gold service to look at it. This is moronic on several levels, and not just 1 level.

First of all, I can look at the video through the PS3 and Xbox 360 web broser. Secondly, it's their bad if they refuse to let me click on the video, because that's less game commercials / propaganda that I will be fed.

What the hell are these people thinking?
#2LightgamerPosted 2/8/2013 2:55:46 PM
I can even watch the videos on the free IGN app for IOS.
---
Xbox Live: GodintheGalaxy, PSN: EuphoricJudas
#3MonkeyFridayPosted 2/8/2013 2:56:33 PM
You need Gold to use the 360's web browser.
---
Member of TBWNN.
#4Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:01:50 PM
MonkeyFriday posted...
You need Gold to use the 360's web browser.

Ah ok so scratch what I said about the 360 web browser, but I can still see it on the PS3 web browser. It really is ridiculous to require someone to have Xbox Live gold to look at videos through the apps. It makes no business sense whatsoever to not let as many people as possible look at the latest Crysis 3 1 and a half minute video or whatever else they are trying to sell.
#5Arucard05Posted 2/8/2013 3:10:27 PM
Just another in a silly line of attempts to make Gold seem worth its value.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#6Lord_TenseEyePosted 2/8/2013 3:11:56 PM
lol that's pretty silly. I never knew that. (that you require gold to use the browser)
#7shnoob2Posted 2/8/2013 3:22:33 PM
Charging money for things that are free on the competing platforms. That's LIVE.
---
"GET OFF MY PLANE!"- Han Solo in Airforce One
DLC and Online Passes = the downfall of video games.
#8scoobydoobydontPosted 2/8/2013 3:26:29 PM
Its a pretty simple policy. Want to use anything online, which all apps are, then you buy gold. It might seem stupid, but at least its consistent. I don't care. Can I pop in a disc and play SP? Then it still functions as a traditional no frills console without added fees. You're paying for extras, regardless of what other platforms offer it isn't a big deal. IMO.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#9glassghost0Posted 2/8/2013 3:27:21 PM
Here we go again.....

Anyone remember my "Hello" Topic that got deleted for being quote, "Off Topic"
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428