This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys rent games online and barely play them?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you guys rent games online and barely play them?
3 years ago#1
I'm starting to realize that paying 20+ a month for games I barely play is a waste of money. Considering every month there's a few games that go to 20$...
It was good when I got lucky and got a new game like ME2 back in the day and a few others. But, when they send you a game your not really in a mood for it's a real bummer.

Anyone else having this issue and thinking of maybe canceling there online rental service?
3 years ago#2
This happens when rent AND buy games, I still have games from the christmas/new years sale I haven't touched yet, both retail and XBLA games.
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
3 years ago#3
I used to sub to gamefly when I first got an xbox in like 2008 or so. I had a couple years of games to catch up on, so gamefly was great for that.

When it came to new games, I usually got a good share of them, but as you said a lot of times I simply got a game I wasnt in the mood to play. I wanted an rpg, but then sent me action game or what not. Games are a bit more of a time investment thena m ovie its tough to get through a game you dont want to play at the time.

So yeah I ending up cancelling too. I found renting from the local place and now red box is usually easier and cheaper. Plus if theres a new game I really want, I usually buy them cause I do replay a lot.
3 years ago#4
Ohh yes, definitely more so now than at the beginning of the gen.

In my defense I rent a lot of games so when friends/family come over we can co op, and sometimes they don't come over as frequent as I'd like.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you guys rent games online and barely play them?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived