This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you guys rent games online and barely play them?

#1oasisbeyondPosted 2/8/2013 3:10:00 PM
I'm starting to realize that paying 20+ a month for games I barely play is a waste of money. Considering every month there's a few games that go to 20$...
It was good when I got lucky and got a new game like ME2 back in the day and a few others. But, when they send you a game your not really in a mood for it's a real bummer.

Anyone else having this issue and thinking of maybe canceling there online rental service?
#2SSJGrimReaperPosted 2/8/2013 3:12:48 PM
This happens when rent AND buy games, I still have games from the christmas/new years sale I haven't touched yet, both retail and XBLA games.
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
#3foodeater4Posted 2/8/2013 3:13:45 PM
I used to sub to gamefly when I first got an xbox in like 2008 or so. I had a couple years of games to catch up on, so gamefly was great for that.

When it came to new games, I usually got a good share of them, but as you said a lot of times I simply got a game I wasnt in the mood to play. I wanted an rpg, but then sent me action game or what not. Games are a bit more of a time investment thena m ovie its tough to get through a game you dont want to play at the time.

So yeah I ending up cancelling too. I found renting from the local place and now red box is usually easier and cheaper. Plus if theres a new game I really want, I usually buy them cause I do replay a lot.
#4Killah PriestPosted 2/8/2013 3:19:52 PM
Ohh yes, definitely more so now than at the beginning of the gen.

In my defense I rent a lot of games so when friends/family come over we can co op, and sometimes they don't come over as frequent as I'd like.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.