This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

From Single To Multiple

#1Blade_Of_IcePosted 2/8/2013 3:09:14 PM
Whats your View on Developers adding Multiplayer gameplay to Single Player games? - Results (29 votes)
Excellent Idea
6.9% (2 votes)
Great Idea
0% (0 votes)
Good Idea
10.34% (3 votes)
50/50
27.59% (8 votes)
Bad Idea
13.79% (4 votes)
Crappy Idea
3.45% (1 votes)
Terrible Idea
34.48% (10 votes)
Ooh look a bumble bee...wait what was the question?
3.45% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
personally i hate it when it happens, but everyone has different tastes
#2unchartedpwnsPosted 2/8/2013 3:10:37 PM
If it's a game that would benefit from multiplayer, great. If it wouldn't, screw it.
---
"Why don't we take Bikini Bottom, and push it somewhere else?" - Patrick Star, Master of Disaster Planning
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 2/8/2013 3:13:03 PM
Hate it. Make a MP focused spin off if your MP idea is really worthwhile (like AC or ME though I personally hate it), otherwise its probably useless tacked on garbage (BS2, TR). As a method of fighting used trade ins it's obnoxious and boycott worthy.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 2/8/2013 3:13:31 PM
I usually think it's a bad... crappy... terrible (?) idea, but ME3 proved it can be done right.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5Blade_Of_Ice(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:24:13 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
I usually think it's a bad... crappy... terrible (?) idea, but ME3 proved it can be done right.

havent played it since it first came out, have they changed it from wave after wave of boredom, to something actually interesting?
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 2/8/2013 3:26:50 PM
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

havent played it since it first came out, have they changed it from wave after wave of boredom, to something actually interesting?

If you didn't like it before, you probably won't like it now, but there are twice as many class/race combos and a lot of new weapons. I have fun tinkering with various builds/loadouts.
---
#7Blade_Of_Ice(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:31:45 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

If you didn't like it before, you probably won't like it now, but there are twice as many class/race combos and a lot of new weapons. I have fun tinkering with various builds/loadouts.

unfortunatly i have yet to find a MP game that i can enjoy, GOW3 came close with their revised Horde mode, but i just get bored so fast its nothing but repetition to me. With ME3 the only time the MP was actually "hard" was when there was a banshee, the big robot and geth were barely an issue
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 2/8/2013 3:35:03 PM
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
With ME3 the only time the MP was actually "hard" was when there was a banshee, the big robot and geth were barely an issue

They introduced a 'platinum' difficulty that mixes all enemy factions, so you can encounter elite baddies from each at the same time. It's actually pretty tough.
---
#995_EclipsePosted 2/8/2013 3:38:00 PM(edited)
Depends on the game.

Skyrim would be crap for example, because of all the glitches and such. (some of which actually make the game more fun lol)
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#10Blade_Of_Ice(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:42:47 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Depends on the game.

Skyrim would be crap for example, because of all the glitches and such. (some of which actually make the game more fun lol)

ive actually played the multiplayer mod for skyrim, you would not believe how much of an understatement "crap" is.

granted it was user made but still :p