This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So recommend me a cheap $20 game if ya don't mind

#1zerooo0Posted 2/8/2013 4:30:35 PM(edited)
I'm finally got a chance to go to Gamestop after I haven't been able to. So, I'm open to any games. I'm leaning towards The Witcher 2, or Crysis but I'm open.

I got Minecraft, and Trials Evolution on XBLA, and they're AWESOME. Just would like a good game with a good story. Also I would like the game to be fairly easy, nothing too difficult that I would have to think too hard on.(I know this is subjective, but still) Is The Witcher 2 story more straight out, unlike Skyrim to where you can do anything you want?

I'm also interested in Dead Island by the way. I would also like for it to have a good story, dark story, or just a fun game in general.

---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#2AikonMonkPosted 2/8/2013 4:30:54 PM
Earth Defense Force: 2017. Thank me later.
---
GT - DEDLY CUKE
#3DrFeelgood1984Posted 2/8/2013 4:32:55 PM
I was gonna say Super Meat Boy, but you want an easy game....still gonna recommend Super Meat Boy
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 2/8/2013 4:36:43 PM(edited)
The Witcher 2 is more story oriented, and the world isn't really 'open,' you move from one open zone to another throughout the game. They're not especially big, but they serve the game well.

I didn't like W2 as much as most, but I can't deny it's a great game.

Crysis... I don't know, codes for Crysis are coming out free with Crysis 3 preorders, so you might be able to get a digital copy on the super cheap in a couple weeks.

EDIT: I loved Dead Island, but the story isn't all that great, and conventional wisdom says it's better co-op.

Oh, and obligatory Brutal Legend suggestion.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5Blade_Of_IcePosted 2/8/2013 4:47:43 PM
well sadly DmC is tanking pretty hard, which is too bad its a great game, might be able to get it for that cheap.

walking dead is a must i got it super cheap during the christmas special but i doubt its more than 25

Kingdoms of Amalur, another great game that just didnt sell
#6zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:50:16 PM
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
well sadly DmC is tanking pretty hard, which is too bad its a great game, might be able to get it for that cheap.

walking dead is a must i got it super cheap during the christmas special but i doubt its more than 25

Lol I got all of those. Got the Walking Dead on sale, and Kingdom of Amalur for Christmas. I had DMC paid off since you could preorder it.
---
Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip Dip Dip Potato Chip
#7NGd72Posted 2/8/2013 4:52:26 PM(edited)
Vanquish

Bayonetta

OR if you have a gaming PC get Far Cry 3 for 25$ on Direct2Play
#8DrFeelgood1984Posted 2/8/2013 5:00:07 PM
Just Cause 2

Excellent open world sandbox game. Probably pretty cheap
#9Blade_Of_IcePosted 2/8/2013 5:02:14 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Blade_Of_Ice posted...

Lol I got all of those. Got the Walking Dead on sale, and Kingdom of Amalur for Christmas. I had DMC paid off since you could preorder it.

alright try torchlight, its easy and provides tons of hours of gameplay.

i'd avoid crysis right now since next week anyone who preordered 3 is gonna get a digital copy, could probably get one off someone on that board. just beat witcher 2 a couple months ago and its great, but i wouldnt suggest playing it without the first, but thats just me

Deus Ex is an excellent game with a terrific storyline and has a few gameplay similarites as Crysis 1 & 2 including the crappy battery life. plus its a prequel so you don't have to know **** about anything :D
#10Blade_Of_IcePosted 2/8/2013 5:03:06 PM
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
Just Cause 2

Excellent open world sandbox game. Probably pretty cheap

lol i got it in december for $4 on steam WITH the dlc XD