This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who wants a system that won't play used games? Well, mostly.

#1Carte360Posted 2/8/2013 6:14:31 PM
If they could make it so I could bring over the disc to my buddies house and play it, maybe have some code you can only use 5 times or whatever, OR maybe make it so you have to call up MS the DEVs and they give you a code to use to activate the disc.

Regardless, if they could somehow allow me to play the disc wherever I wanted, I'd be fine with a used game free system. More money to the Devs who actually worked for it.

Oh, but I'd expect them to get rid of or use less of bad DLC, on disc-content, online codes, stuff like that.

tl;dr No used games = good, if Devs also give up their greed.
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#2The DevourerPosted 2/8/2013 6:19:24 PM
They wouldn't give up their greed at all LOL. That's a pipe dream. You're also attaching a bunch of other conditions to it which are independent and aren't going to change just because of it.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#3shawnmckPosted 2/8/2013 6:28:31 PM
If you are so against used games, then DON'T buy any used games.
Why is that so difficult to understand ?

Why can't people just let other people do what they want ?
Its complete egotistical arrogance to force other people to play or buy exactly the way you do.

And if you think that no used game sales will somehow equate to less DLC, then you are an idiot, and only fooling yourself.

The whole point to get rid of used games is to push Digital Distribution, which if successful will open the floodgates for even more DLC, not less.
#4Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:30:46 PM
The Devourer posted...
They wouldn't give up their greed at all LOL. That's a pipe dream. You're also attaching a bunch of other conditions to it which are independent and aren't going to change just because of it.

You missed my point.

I'm not saying this is what is 'going' to happen, just what I'd like to happen.

If I said I was about to sprout peni on my arm, would you give me reasons as to why THAT wouldn't happen? xD
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#5Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:31:31 PM
shawnmck posted...
If you are so against used games, then DON'T buy any used games.
Why is that so difficult to understand ?

Why can't people just let other people do what they want ?
Its complete egotistical arrogance to force other people to play or buy exactly the way you do.

And if you think that no used game sales will somehow equate to less DLC, then you are an idiot, and only fooling yourself.

The whole point to get rid of used games is to push Digital Distribution, which if successful will open the floodgates for even more DLC, not less.

Sigh, you too missed the point, and you threw out insults. Good to know the average gamefaqs poster isn't even legally allowed on the site.
---
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 2/8/2013 6:36:47 PM
I kind of don't really care. I don't like GS's resale model, and despite liking my local GS, wouldn't mind seeing the company change it to something that benefits the industry as a whole. At the same time, I don't like to be told how I can use stuff after I pay for it, which restricting games would do. Can't take it to my buddies' house when I watch his kids? Kind of sucks.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7The DevourerPosted 2/8/2013 6:36:54 PM
Carte360 posted...
The Devourer posted...

You missed my point.

I'm not saying this is what is 'going' to happen, just what I'd like to happen.

If I said I was about to sprout peni on my arm, would you give me reasons as to why THAT wouldn't happen? xD

You talk as if it's some good thing with nothing concrete and it's something that won't happen. How about "the world would be a better place if people gave up their greed" that doesn't make any difference into the workings of things. It's irrelevant, it's circumstantial, there's not really much point in saying it if it's all based on circumstance and what if scenarios. Also your topic title indicates nothing about any of that except for blocking used games. The topic is kind of supposed to set the tone for the post right? Well all it is is "I want a system that won't play used games....mostly" essentially. It's nothing about "I'd like this to happen" at all.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 2/8/2013 6:40:08 PM
Carte360 posted...

Sigh, you too missed the point, and you threw out insults. Good to know the average gamefaqs poster isn't even legally allowed on the site.

To be fair, shawnmck claims to be a couple years older than me (40 I think, sorry shawnmck if you didn't want that repeated) and his experience with games seems to back that up. He's a cranky dude, though.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9GGearXPosted 2/8/2013 6:42:11 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Carte360 posted...

To be fair, shawnmck claims to be a couple years older than me (40 I think, sorry shawnmck if you didn't want that repeated) and his experience with games seems to back that up. He's a cranky dude, though.

Oh no! Another cranky old man!
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#10Carte360(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:56:28 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
I kind of don't really care. I don't like GS's resale model, and despite liking my local GS, wouldn't mind seeing the company change it to something that benefits the industry as a whole. At the same time, I don't like to be told how I can use stuff after I pay for it, which restricting games would do. Can't take it to my buddies' house when I watch his kids? Kind of sucks.

Much better worded than my post, I agree 100%.

That is what I meant, on a whole. The more I think about it the more I hate Devs don't get paid for there game, HOWEVER if used games gotta go I think a lot of the crappy dlc needs to go.
---