This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next gen console graphics to look like current gen PC games

#1SL68Posted 2/8/2013 8:45:04 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/390113/crytek-next-gen-launch-games-might-not-look-much-different-to-crysis-3/

As expected, not that much of a difference with other words. I mean not the kind of difference between Xbox and 360, or between DS and PSP.
#2bluehat94Posted 2/8/2013 8:47:16 PM
That's how the first wave of launch games always are though, they always look like the best looking of the games from the previous gen, but with better a framerate and resolution.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#3SL68(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:49:04 PM
bluehat94 posted...
That's how the first wave of launch games always are though, they always look like the best looking of the games from the previous gen, but with better a framerate and resolution.

So then why do Wii U haters think that the first wave of games for that console (ports) is what the console is capable of?
#4The DevourerPosted 2/8/2013 8:49:35 PM
You can't get much better than that without pushing production costs a ton more. You'll likely see more detail and stuff but it won't really end up looking that much better. The difference isn't even gonna be that big by the end compared to previous generations.
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#5SL68(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:52:06 PM
The Devourer posted...
You can't get much better than that without pushing production costs a ton more. You'll likely see more detail and stuff but it won't really end up looking that much better. The difference isn't even gonna be that big by the end compared to previous generations.

So why all the hate for the Wii U if you shouldn't judge a console from its first wave of games?

I think this is more about fanboyism, LOL.
#6The DevourerPosted 2/8/2013 8:53:30 PM
SL68 posted...
The Devourer posted...

So why all the hate for the Wii U if you shouldn't judge a console from its first wave of games?

You say that like I've said a word about the Wii U. Huh... what's your point? Because you think all of us who say this are trashing the Wii U?
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#7bluehat94Posted 2/8/2013 8:58:02 PM
SL68 posted...
bluehat94 posted...

So then why do Wii U haters think that the first wave of games for that console (ports) is what the console is capable of?

Your answer is right in your post, they're haters, they will find any excuse to hate on it, nice job on the stealth WiiU topic though.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#8SL68(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:58:25 PM
The Devourer posted...
SL68 posted...
The Devourer posted...

You say that like I've said a word about the Wii U. Huh... what's your point? Because you think all of us who say this are trashing the Wii U?

This is what I think:

People's opinions are already set on something, and the filter news based on their beliefs.

For example, if this article was about Wii U, people would laugh "last gen graphics, LOL", but now that it's about 720 and Ps4, people defends it with "you can get much better than this anyway".

It's a completely different attitude just because of the console(s) it's about.

People ignore articles that are negative about things they like, and absorbs articles that agrees with their own opinions.
#9SunDevil77Posted 2/8/2013 9:29:41 PM
This topic is like a portal straight to the PC elitists to rape and pillage our board.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#10FredSavage27Posted 2/8/2013 9:51:51 PM
So... the consoles coming out this year are going to look like PC games coming out this year?