This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have never played any Gears game, but Gears of War Judgement looks promising

#11ChuckyPosted 2/9/2013 5:13:30 AM
i like all the Gears games, although 3 was slightly meh, it was a let down story wise. But I just can't seem to get excited for Judgement, I'll pick it up down the line but I'm in no rush to play it.
---
Oh, that's good! Fantastic, that is, twenty minutes to save the world, and I've got a Post Office. And it's shut. - The Doctor
#12KOTRwhoopsPosted 2/9/2013 5:23:57 AM
AlkalineKitten posted...
Gears 1 is great. Gears 2 wasn't as enjoyable to me. Gears 3 is pretty awesome, if unsatisfying in the story department. It has the best characterization of the three.

Sums up my sentiments exactly. The first was the highlight before they went up thier own arse with a forced and quite crap emotional story. The first was all about darkness and grit and that feeling was taken away in 2 & 3. Still a great series though. Looking forward to J.
---
PLAYING - Minecraft (360), DmC (PC), ZombiU (WU), Ni No Kuni (PS3)
MOST WANTED - FFvsXIII, GTAV, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#13Halochief6Posted 2/9/2013 5:30:28 AM
Not sure what to tell you. On one hand playing the first could end up ruining Judgement for you. Then you'll see why most Gears fans aren't looking forward to it. On the other hand, you might like Judgement having no prior experience. But then you might not like the rest of the series because of all of the stuff it "added".

Not sure what to say TC, but here is to hoping you enjoy the whole series.
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#14JenniferTatePosted 2/9/2013 5:57:29 AM
Play Judgment first. It should be stand alone.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#15SunDevil77Posted 2/9/2013 6:36:03 AM
darkhare posted...
Gimea posted...
What do you guys think of it? And if I remember correctly, if you preorder now, you get the first Gears of War for free.

well apparently your the audience that the new gears game is going for, cause it sure the hell isnt the fans thats played the other games.

Oh darkhare, always wrong.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#16JenniferTatePosted 2/9/2013 7:49:40 AM
I have respect for PCF after reading the post-mortem for Bulletstorm in one of the industry magazines. It actually put a whole different spin on the game for me.

What does worry me is Epic lost some top names, and I believe the PCF lead bailed, too.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go