This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you could make one rule industry standard, what would it be?

#1agentspoonPosted 2/9/2013 8:14:55 AM
One rule that all Game Developers MUST follow in their games to be able to release them.

Mine would be that all full price games have to be over 30 hours long.
No more 6 hour long Campaigns.

Yours?
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#2MasterCyraxPosted 2/9/2013 8:33:01 AM(edited)
Having a 30 hour game is subjective if I played uncharted 2 about 5 times and had fun at all times, does that equate to playing a RPG that is 30 hrs for one play through that is boring?

Edit
Sorry forgot my rule

No cliffhangers
---
Better to believe in nothing then to not believe at all.
#3HakuPosted 2/9/2013 8:30:06 AM
No region locks.
#4CyricsServantPosted 2/9/2013 8:30:16 AM
Everyone has to send me at least one copy of their game for free.

. . . That'd be a good rule, I think.
#5Mutant1988Posted 2/9/2013 8:43:25 AM(edited)
If the game has multiplayer, ALWAYS include LAN as an option.

Most other things can be circumvented (Region restriction for example, which would be my second pick). Server side management of online play, not so much.

I just want to keep the ability to play what I've paid for. Even wrote a blog about it earlier today:

http://www.co-optimus.com/blogs/Mutant1988/594/preserving-multiplayer.html

Needless to say, this also applies to any enforced online system for functions that doesn't really need to be online (Ubisoft Uplay is the textbook example). Such as the one that would be used to enforce a "no-used" game policy. All that's achieved is putting an expiration date on our purchases.

---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#6ZuuFPosted 2/9/2013 9:46:52 AM
DLC will not be made by cutting from the game and selling it back. DLC prices will be based on content (memory), not whatever price people feel like charging.
Ex.
256mb or less = free
257-512mb = $5
512-1024mb/1gb = $10
1gb+ = $15

That's IF there is going to be a charge at all.
---
I am a writer (mostly a poet). If you're interested in buying my work, let me know (message me).
#7VeryDarkSoulPosted 2/9/2013 10:00:42 AM
stop making crappy discs. they get cheaper and cheaper every year. I can't even feel the weight of a disc anymore
---
Ron Paul 2012
#8TheMuffinPosted 2/9/2013 10:05:53 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
stop making crappy discs. they get cheaper and cheaper every year. I can't even feel the weight of a disc anymore

Discs are the same thickness they have always been.
---
LordAizenSama~ Did you know 99% of murderers wear clothes?
#9weapon_d00d816Posted 2/9/2013 10:30:54 AM
Sony can't make misleading ads that make it seem that multi-platform games are Sony exclusives.
---
p + w > 9000, where p is the power level and w is what the scouter said about it.
#10beautifuldreamsPosted 2/9/2013 10:34:18 AM(edited)
no DLC unless it's also available in disc form at retail stores
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~