This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I create AAA games, and can't wait for blocked used sales! AMA!

#21TrugamerPosted 2/9/2013 4:58:13 PM
No it's less money for you , less people willing to pay full price taking a chance on a worthless $60 product and with the 100% vanishing value less sales generated from users trading old games in for new.
Less initial sales at full price , less DLC sales , no more rental companies scooping up thousands of copies at a time ,no renters on Gamefly deciding to buy a game they have rented.

Have fun with your new business model that caters to the 10% of real life gamers and tells everyone else to get lost.
#22GooBacksBack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 6:11:31 PM
Trugamer posted...
No it's less money for you , less people willing to pay full price taking a chance on a worthless $60 product and with the 100% vanishing value less sales generated from users trading old games in for new.
Less initial sales at full price , less DLC sales , no more rental companies scooping up thousands of copies at a time ,no renters on Gamefly deciding to buy a game they have rented.

Have fun with your new business model that caters to the 10% of real life gamers and tells everyone else to get lost.

LOL we make games for PC too
#23Arucard05Posted 2/9/2013 6:15:12 PM
Who's we? Let me know, and I'll let you know if your games are worth paying for in the first place.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#24ILikesCheesePosted 2/14/2013 8:41:36 AM
This topic title makes me laugh everytime I see it in my Active Messages list.

It just cannot die yet.

:)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#25dark_shardPosted 2/14/2013 8:48:22 AM
GooBacksBack posted...
It's going to be great, more money for me less for Gamestop.

Soo, Gamefaqs has a tag for game developers to prove that they work in the industry (see http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Mr+Strange/boards).

Get yourself verified, and then we'll talk.
---
http://amuletsandale.blogspot.com/
GT: darkshardx
#26chrcolPosted 2/14/2013 8:57:04 AM
I hope you lose your job.

Not all of us think devs are gods.
#27faris_ruhiPosted 2/14/2013 10:05:06 AM
Donomega posted...
CaPwnD posted...
Against Medical Advice?

As someone with a medical degree; my advice to everyone is to wait and see if Microsoft confirms or denies these rumors.

But seeing as they haven't shot the rumors down yet....

A) means either they could've actually been considering it and seeing the outlash are going to change it

OR

B) think it's such a ridiculous notion that they don't need to address it and all will be clarified when they unveil the nextbox.

Even if it's A, they're going to play it off like it was B all along so only the MS insiders would know what was actually planned.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog in order of release, Current game: Saints Row (360)
#28RPG_ApostlePosted 2/14/2013 10:22:00 AM
headwounds13 posted...
(42) VIP - Industry - Verified Industry Poster - User confirmed as a member of the game industry, although not directly involved in game production.
(43) VIP - Production - Verified Industry Poster - User confirmed as a member of the game industry, involved in game production.

Come back when you've got one of those.

---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#29LonnyJohnsonPosted 2/14/2013 10:25:59 AM
This isn't reddit. Now that sites a whole nother breed of neckbeard.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#30bluehat94Posted 2/14/2013 10:33:16 AM
LonnyJohnson posted...
This isn't reddit. Now that sites a whole nother breed of neckbeard.

The AMAs there are pretty cool sometimes though, when you sift through the "your gay" and "whi ur gaymez suckz" posts, there are some legitimate questions and great answers. There was one with Ken Levine recently and he revealed some great stuff on his creative process and some newish stuff about Bioshock: Infinite, also he gave some amazing beard care tips.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."