This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where are my Game of the Year Editions?

#1CyricsServantPosted 2/9/2013 4:27:44 PM
I noticed the first two DLC for Borderlands 2 are getting a retail release:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/703281-borderlands-2-add-on-content-pack

But there's been no word on a GotY Edition.

Skyrim came out in 2011 and most of the DLC is out, if not all of it.

So where are my GotY Edition announcements? :(
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 2/9/2013 4:31:36 PM
There's one more (probably large) Skyrim DLC slated for release, so GOTY will be fall at the early edge, and Gearbox is contemplating a second season of DLC, so you might be looking at 2014 for a BL2 GOTY.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#3CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 4:47:23 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
There's one more (probably large) Skyrim DLC slated for release, so GOTY will be fall at the early edge, and Gearbox is contemplating a second season of DLC, so you might be looking at 2014 for a BL2 GOTY.

. . . . Damn it!

Well, thanks for the update. I think I heard about Gearbox contemplating another round of DLC but I didn't know there was another Skyrim DLC in the works after Dragonborn. It looks like I'm going to be waiting for at least another six months. :/

As despicable as Capcom can be, at least you know you'll never have to wait more than a year with them before an "enhanced" edition comes out *points to Dragon's Dogma*. The only problem is you never know when there's going to be an enhanced enhanced edition . . . Or a complete enhanced enhanced edition . . . or a complete enhanced enhanced edition +.
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 2/9/2013 4:48:29 PM
Gotta give you credit for patience.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5TrugamerPosted 2/9/2013 4:51:11 PM
They should be out Fall/Christmas this year
#6Super CreaturesPosted 2/9/2013 5:00:13 PM
Damn, Borderlands 2 is 4 months old, and you're already demanding a GotY Edition?

GotY Editions typically take 12-18 months from the original release, and that isn't even factoring in wanting to wait until all planned DLC is released first.

How many DLC are included in the season pass?

How many of those have been released?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#7Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 2/9/2013 5:00:35 PM
I know I'm waiting for a GOTY Edition for Skyrim before I pick it up. Been wanting to try it out
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#8mcdonaldfries03Posted 2/9/2013 11:23:44 PM
I'm holding off for a possible Sleeping Dogs Complete Edition.
---
GT: Shuttytown
#9Perfect LightPosted 2/9/2013 11:37:18 PM
DLC for most games isn't that great. Why wait so long to play these great games just to save a few bucks you really don't need to spend to enjoy the game?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#10invertedlegdropPosted 2/9/2013 11:47:05 PM
Same here i will wait till AC3 to get a GoTY edition, though i don't think any ACs got a GoTy release. Far Cry 3 is gonna be hard to resist though. I did wait a year for Arkham City though and never regretted it.
---
Total number of users on GameFAQS who I think should be thrown screaming from a helicopter:53.