This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where are my Game of the Year Editions?

#11CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 4:53:55 AM
Super Creatures posted...
Damn, Borderlands 2 is 4 months old, and you're already demanding a GotY Edition?

YES!

Perfect Light posted...
DLC for most games isn't that great. Why wait so long to play these great games just to save a few bucks you really don't need to spend to enjoy the game?

In general, I agree that DLC is usually pretty lackluster . . . but from my experience, Bethesda's DLC is usually much better than average. In fact, Point Lookout, the Pitt, and Shivering Isles were all more fun than their respective games.

Gearbox is the same. General Knoxx's mission was better than anything I saw in the vanilla version of Borderlands.
#12DarkSymbiotePosted 2/10/2013 5:07:07 AM
I really need the GOTY version of Skyrim.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#13Super CreaturesPosted 2/10/2013 11:20:58 AM(edited)
CyricsServant posted...
General Knoxx's mission was better than anything I saw in the vanilla version of Borderlands.

**** no.

Whoever had the bright idea of not including New U stations in the DLC needs to be tortured, and then to make you have to drive boring, uneventful stretches of highway and empty expanses of desert just to get anywhere just ruins the DLC.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#14JenniferTatePosted 2/10/2013 11:41:36 AM
I heard BL2 might even get new characters.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#15CyricsServant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:14:09 PM
Super Creatures posted...
CyricsServant posted...
General Knoxx's mission was better than anything I saw in the vanilla version of Borderlands.

**** no.

Whoever had the bright idea of not including New U stations in the DLC needs to be tortured, and then to make you have to drive boring, uneventful stretches of highway and empty expanses of desert just to get anywhere just ruins the DLC.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/222/836/1324784063001.jpg

Yeah, the driving portions were pretty uneventful.

Everything else about that mission though was great. Knoxx's dialogue throughout the whole campaign was hilarious and the boss fight against him was pretty well put together too. Boss fight aside, the new enemy types were also a **** load of fun to fight, especially those Crimson Lance assassins. If dual katana wielding chicks who arrive on giant rockets weren't enough to sell you on the dlc, I'm not sure what else Gearbox could have done . . . I mean, besides New U stations.
#16Super CreaturesPosted 2/10/2013 12:35:35 PM
True, the actual content was excellent, but there was just way too much filler, and I dreaded having to quit in the middle of a mission, such as right after getting into Lockdown Palace or Fort Knoxx, because of having to go all the way back from T-bone Junction, instead being able to start off right there.

Not to mention the pointless section between T-bone Junction and Lockdown Palace that you had to hoof through instead of drive through, except for what appeared to be randomly chosen times that it wasn't roadblocked (perhaps related to being in a Lancer when you leave T-bone Junction, haven't confirmed yet).

Also, it is almost like they intended for your vehicle to constantly get blown up, considering that every map has like 10 Catch-a-Ride stations.

And then the ****ing Drifters that just keep swarming your ass that can take even a Lancer out in a matter of seconds, even when they're 10 levels under you.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#17tigerfoxkillerPosted 2/10/2013 11:10:59 PM
Awesomely Awesome AJ posted...
I know I'm waiting for a GOTY Edition for Skyrim before I pick it up. Been wanting to try it out
#18The DevourerPosted 2/10/2013 11:13:07 PM
BL2 hasn't even been out like 4 months though? And has all the DLC even come out for it yet?
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#19Halo_ForeverPosted 2/11/2013 2:18:46 AM
Perfect Light posted...
DLC for most games isn't that great. Why wait so long to play these great games just to save a few bucks you really don't need to spend to enjoy the game?

To have it on disc is my answer. That way all of my X360 have access to it and I don't have to suffer from dumbass DRM.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#20JukainPosted 2/11/2013 7:16:21 AM
Wouldn't game of the year edition imply that the game won game of the year? I was pretty sure Far Cry 3 took last year.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900