This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Devil May Cry 1 get any better?

#21DuwstaiPosted 2/10/2013 10:04:24 PM(edited)
It has aged wonderfully, DMC3 has aged worse in comparison since its only strength is the combat, which has been improved on numerous times since and seems stiff and barebones in comparison.

But its apparently not to everyones tastes. But claiming it hasnt aged well is wrong IMO.
---
balls
#22kungfucolinPosted 2/10/2013 10:25:16 PM
Heh.. you know what HASN'T aged well?

Silent Hill.

SH2 has actually aged very gracefully indeed - but SH1 feels dated as hell. (which is often the case with early 3D games.)
---
Latest Video: DmC gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOpvyxuhiM
#23oasisbeyondPosted 2/10/2013 10:47:18 PM
Dmc has more puzzle solving and feels more like an action adventure game. Part 3 is smaller rooms and pretty much action throughout. Never beat it though, I found it boring and hard for nothing hehe. That said, I did beat dmc1 and ng on hardest difficulty. I guess I loved that game and not part 3 as much.
#24oasisbeyondPosted 2/10/2013 10:52:58 PM
Also... You get the awesome ending theme in part 1... Not the cheesy techno but seeds of love of whatever it's called :)
#25En Sabah NurPosted 2/10/2013 11:23:52 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
I've played a ton of action games, Otogi 1 and 2, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, God of War 1 and 2, Bayonetta, Conan, Darksiders 1 and 2, Dante's Inferno, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Ninja Blade....etc and I've had more fun with these with the exception of maybe Conan because of the last boss and Ninja Blade because of so many QTE's and way too many boss fights.

I own/like all of those games too but I'm not sure why you dislike DMC. I mean I totally get that DMC 1 is dated at this point. DMC3 definitely holds up a lot better. The new DmC reboot is actually really good too if you want something a bit more modern.
---
INJUSTICE wishlist: Martian Manhunter, Black Adam, Mr. Miracle, Barda, Despero, Swamp Thing, Red Tornado, Blue Beetle, Lobo, Black Manta, Dr. Fate, Mr. Freeze
#26RE2LeonSPosted 2/10/2013 11:29:52 PM
DMC2? There never was a DMC2! They went from DMC 1 to 3 and scrapped 2 and just skipped it entirely!
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#27HaRRy_TiPPeR_Posted 2/10/2013 11:32:00 PM
1 is the best, I should pop it in again...beat again a few months ago :3
---
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#28DuwstaiPosted 2/10/2013 11:38:17 PM
Dmc has more puzzle solving and feels more like an action adventure game. Part 3 is smaller rooms and pretty much action throughout.

This is an interesting way to look at it.
---
balls
#29sonicteam2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:14:44 AM
En Sabah Nur posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
I've played a ton of action games, Otogi 1 and 2, Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, God of War 1 and 2, Bayonetta, Conan, Darksiders 1 and 2, Dante's Inferno, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Ninja Blade....etc and I've had more fun with these with the exception of maybe Conan because of the last boss and Ninja Blade because of so many QTE's and way too many boss fights.

I own/like all of those games too but I'm not sure why you dislike DMC. I mean I totally get that DMC 1 is dated at this point. DMC3 definitely holds up a lot better. The new DmC reboot is actually really good too if you want something a bit more modern.

I actually own the new DmC game. I have never played through all the DMC games (played a tiny bit of DMC1 about 7 years ago or so, should have finished it then) so I wanted to finish them all just to compare. I got tied up with Sega Racing Transformed yesterday so I didn't get to play any DMC. btw Sonic Racing Transformed is really hard, especially compared to the first one.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#30NeoGeoXSegaPosted 2/12/2013 12:49:16 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

I actually own the new DmC game. I have never played through all the DMC games (played a tiny bit of DMC1 about 7 years ago or so, should have finished it then) so I wanted to finish them all just to compare. I got tied up with Sega Racing Transformed yesterday so I didn't get to play any DMC. btw Sonic Racing Transformed is really hard, especially compared to the first one.

The new DmC reboot plays like a stripped down DMC1 game minus all the cool & kick ass combat improvements of DMC3 & 4.
Imagine all the difficult fights, all the semi difficult platforming & puzzles of DMC1, all changed with uber generic crap in its place & you have DmC.

fyi, DMC3 plays nothing like DMC1, the combat is literally 8 times more varied (a lot say it has not been topped to this day) & the game is designed more like a traditional action game instead of a hybrid adventure game.
SKIP DMC2 at all cost if you still want a favorable opinion of the series as a whole.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX