This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

These silly PC Gamers

#101Killah PriestPosted 2/10/2013 12:11:45 PM(edited)
The problem has to do with the fact that my computer runs the game well over 60 FPS which causes the stutter issue, you have to use a 3rd party program to lock the game at 60 FPS, which if you play the game in third person view fixes the problem. If you play in first person though, the stutter remains. Lots of people have the same issue.

ok so enable v-sync and it goes away? microstuttering is an issue with both amd and nvidia.

v-sync makes it run 60 stable for me.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#102MalefactionPosted 2/10/2013 12:13:06 PM
triple s posted...
^^^Sounds like AMD driver issues more than anything. I won't act like every once in a while, I might have to Google something to get a game to work correctly but 99% of the time its an old game. Most of the time, it's as easy as installing a game and playing. Not everyone is going to have their PC in the same room but people truly over exaggerate on how "complicated" it is to use your PC on a TV. 10 years ago this was more a valid argument seeing as HDTV's were a huge rarity and the only way you could connect your PC if you didn't have one with VGA(another rarity) is with S video which automatically kills many of the benefits of PC gaming. Setting up a console by your TV is easier and less hassle than a PC, but it's a poor excuse for people to knock others for wanting to get the best out of their games because YOU HAVE THE OPTION!

Not knocking anyone for hooking their PC up to their TV. I personally think it's silly just to squeeze a little more graphic horsepower out of the game. I weight the pros and cons of console and PC gaming, and to me, the choice is clear. I still play some games on the PC, but I'll mostly always choose the console version of the game.
---
There is no love in your violence.
#103blankempathyPosted 2/10/2013 12:17:12 PM
Malefaction posted...
blankempathy posted...
Malefaction posted...
I'm not talking about current gen systems. I'm talking about next gen. There's no doubt that current PCs destroy existing consoles in the graphic departments.

The whole playing on the TV issue is only part of the problem. I find attempting to play PC games to be daunting, as almost all PC games I attempt to play (except for the ones on Steam generally) never initially work properly, and always require some sort of editing, downloading or problem solving to get them to work. For example I still can't get Skyrim to run properly on the PC as there is currently no easy fix the Radeon graphical stutter problem. It always seems like there's SOME ISSUE with every PC game I play. I would rather just pop the game into my consoles, play on my big TV in comfort, end of story.

I really could not care less if the game is running 30 FPS instead of 60 on medium settings.

Are you playing on windows 95? Seriously your computer must be terrible if almost every game you play doesn't work properly. Its probably like this one computer I recently recieved to fix which is "broken" but instead is just completely full of bloatware and other junk.

Nope, I have an AMD Eight core 3.8 GHZ, 16 GB ram with a Radeon 7970.

I rarely update drivers I've only really had issues running cards in xfire. I primarly game on my pc too and I don't have trouble. Sounds like you're just unlucky.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#104triple sPosted 2/10/2013 12:17:50 PM
Malefaction posted...
triple s posted...
^^^Sounds like AMD driver issues more than anything. I won't act like every once in a while, I might have to Google something to get a game to work correctly but 99% of the time its an old game. Most of the time, it's as easy as installing a game and playing. Not everyone is going to have their PC in the same room but people truly over exaggerate on how "complicated" it is to use your PC on a TV. 10 years ago this was more a valid argument seeing as HDTV's were a huge rarity and the only way you could connect your PC if you didn't have one with VGA(another rarity) is with S video which automatically kills many of the benefits of PC gaming. Setting up a console by your TV is easier and less hassle than a PC, but it's a poor excuse for people to knock others for wanting to get the best out of their games because YOU HAVE THE OPTION!

Not knocking anyone for hooking their PC up to their TV. I personally think it's silly just to squeeze a little more graphic horsepower out of the game. I weight the pros and cons of console and PC gaming, and to me, the choice is clear. I still play some games on the PC, but I'll mostly always choose the console version of the game.

It's not a little more graphical power though. It's quite the difference. At the start of next gen, it's going to be a little closer but ultimately within a couple of years, it's going to be just like this gen.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#105MalefactionPosted 2/10/2013 12:19:58 PM
blankempathy posted...
Malefaction posted...
blankempathy posted...
Malefaction posted...
I'm not talking about current gen systems. I'm talking about next gen. There's no doubt that current PCs destroy existing consoles in the graphic departments.

The whole playing on the TV issue is only part of the problem. I find attempting to play PC games to be daunting, as almost all PC games I attempt to play (except for the ones on Steam generally) never initially work properly, and always require some sort of editing, downloading or problem solving to get them to work. For example I still can't get Skyrim to run properly on the PC as there is currently no easy fix the Radeon graphical stutter problem. It always seems like there's SOME ISSUE with every PC game I play. I would rather just pop the game into my consoles, play on my big TV in comfort, end of story.

I really could not care less if the game is running 30 FPS instead of 60 on medium settings.

Are you playing on windows 95? Seriously your computer must be terrible if almost every game you play doesn't work properly. Its probably like this one computer I recently recieved to fix which is "broken" but instead is just completely full of bloatware and other junk.

Nope, I have an AMD Eight core 3.8 GHZ, 16 GB ram with a Radeon 7970.

I rarely update drivers I've only really had issues running cards in xfire. I primarly game on my pc too and I don't have trouble. Sounds like you're just unlucky.

Very unlucky. Considering I decided to go with the PC version of Farcry 3, only to have it not work properly when installed. It seemed the PC boards were flooded with people having similar issues, so I just went out and bought the 360 version. I'll probably go back and replay the PC version because I enjoyed FC so much, it's worth fixing, but I shouldn't have to fix it, is the point.
---
#106Killah PriestPosted 2/10/2013 12:21:23 PM
I had an issue with far cry 3 too.

manually installing uPlay was the solution.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#107The DevourerPosted 2/10/2013 12:35:11 PM
triple s posted...
Malefaction posted...
triple s posted...

It's not a little more graphical power though. It's quite the difference. At the start of next gen, it's going to be a little closer but ultimately within a couple of years, it's going to be just like this gen.

This. It always is.

As for the game you know you can use vsync which locks it at whatever refresh rate your monitor is right? My game would run way over 60 if I didn't use it (which hooray tearing! never had this issue on my old CRT).
---
FX6100, HD7970, 8G DDR3 1600, 750G/400/1T SATA2/3, 700W, Logitech G5/G510, Win7
XPS16 - i7 720QM, 6G DDR3@1333, 500G SATA, HD4670 1G, Win7
#108GGearXPosted 2/10/2013 12:39:51 PM
Hey computer gamers.

so there a website where there are forums about computers? I want to make a PC but not for gaming, like around 500 bucks. With everything.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#109MalefactionPosted 2/10/2013 1:07:26 PM
GGearX posted...
Hey computer gamers.

so there a website where there are forums about computers? I want to make a PC but not for gaming, like around 500 bucks. With everything.

500$? Good luck.
---
#110triple sPosted 2/10/2013 1:10:44 PM
Malefaction posted...
GGearX posted...
Hey computer gamers.

500$? Good luck.

Very easy to do if he's not gaming.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22