This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next gen, would you like the option to hide, delete, or disable Achievements?

#1Bent 00Posted 2/9/2013 7:42:58 PM
Next gen, would you like the option to hide, delete, and/or disable Achievements and Trophies? - Results (454 votes)
Yes, all of those options would be convenient if implemented well.
47.58% (216 votes)
I only want the option to hide certain games in my Achievement/Trophy List.
9.03% (41 votes)
No, none of those options would be helpful to me.
43.39% (197 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Original poll here: http://www.wepolls.com/p/15044030/Next-gen%2C-would-you-like-the-option-to-hide%2C-delete%2C-and/or-disable-Achievements-and-Trophies

Ever wish you could remove certain games from your records, or at least hide them? Perhaps there's a game you played once, got a few Achievements/Trophies for, and never played again. Maybe there are some which are glitched, or require you to play an online mode which is long dead. Impossible or annoying Achievements/Trophies can keep you from getting that 100% completion rate, which is aggravating to completionists. Sometimes it's just easier to not bother with them at all. Here's how each option could work:

Hide - Earn Achievements/Trophies as normal, but those earned for games you have marked as "Hidden" will not appear in your records or count toward your completion rate or total gamerscore/Trophy count, unless you un-hide them.

Delete - Removes all of the Achievements/Trophies for a game from your records. A prompt would ask for your password, warn you that the Achievements/Trophies are not recoverable, and ask for confirmation twice before deletion. A confirmation request will be sent to your email. Depending on the game, you may need to delete your save file and start from scratch to re-earn Achievements/Trophies you have deleted. To make sure that your Achievements/Trophies are not deleted by accident or by someone else, they will not be completely erased until 30 days after email confirmation of deletion. You can recover any "deleted" Achievements/Trophies within that time. A reminder will be sent to your email notifying you of this recovery period.

Disable - No Achievements/Trophies will unlock for games with them set to "Disabled". Depending on the game, you may need to delete your save file and start from scratch to unlock Achievements/Trophies you earned while they were disabled. To make sure you don't have Achievements/Trophies disabled by mistake, a prompt will pop up and warn you whenever you start playing a game in which you have them disabled.
#2kingwutuguPosted 2/9/2013 9:57:54 PM
how about No achievements? there are hardly any hard ones any way.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 2/9/2013 10:00:03 PM
Yes, please. I can't stand MP based achievements.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4AsucaHayashiPosted 2/9/2013 10:05:00 PM
i wish they would abolish the entire concept.

i remember a time when "unlockables" was your reward for completing tasks out of immediate reach.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#5Grand_BluePosted 2/9/2013 10:15:29 PM
Achievements ruined games for me, and a lot of time developers abuse them by making them stupid. For example, Portal 2 has an achievement that requires you to beat some coop levels with a brand new player that has never played Portal 2 before, so the chances of finding someone to do it with are very slim. Guitar Hero has one where you have to play every song without pausing the game... what the hell are the developers trying to prove?
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is anime.
#6Super CreaturesPosted 2/9/2013 10:26:35 PM
Grand_Blue posted...
For example, Portal 2 has an achievement that requires you to beat some coop levels with a brand new player that has never played Portal 2 before, so the chances of finding someone to do it with are very slim.

Is that online only, or can you do couch co-op?

With couch co-op, it makes it quite easy, just make a dummy account and have a friend play with you.

Hell, even online only could be easy, all you have to do is have a friend make a dummy account, and use either the 1-month trial from creating an account on the system (first 3 Live accounts made), a 48-hour/14-day trial code, or a Free Gold Weekend, so you aren't having to pay for Gold for a dummy account.

Also, checking the achievement list for Portal 2 here on GameFAQs, the achievement only requires you to play a single level, not some co-op levels.

Of course, I have a question about that, the achievement says a player that has never played before, does that mean never played Portal 2, never played co-op, or never played that level, and what is that dependent on, achievements earned, client-side save file, server-side save file/information stored in your XBL profile?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#7Grand_BluePosted 2/9/2013 10:29:38 PM
It's for a separate account, so your friend could just create a dummy account to do it, I'm not sure if you need gold to do it, but if you do you would have to pay $10 (I think just for one month (I think that's the price for just a single month), but I'm not completely sure how that achievement works.
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is anime.
#8Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/9/2013 10:29:54 PM
There is zero reason to hide or delete achievements. And there's no reason to turn them off b/c if you don't care about them then there's no need to turn them off, just turn the notification pop-ups off.
#9Super CreaturesPosted 2/9/2013 10:33:52 PM
Again, like I said, even if it requires online multiplayer, there are ways to do it without paying for Gold.

Hell, I even forgot one, with a US IP address, that being using Bing Rewards to get a 1-month code, although, that could still be considered paying for it, since you could get roughly $10 Amazon credit, 800 MSP, or a number of other rewards with the credits that you would have to redeem to get the code.

And, like I asked, how does it determine if you have played it before or not?

Does simply being signed in while another profile plays disqualify you as a "new player," or launching to the title screen and dashboarding, or even just barely launching the game and exiting?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#10Mumble_Posted 2/9/2013 10:35:52 PM
I'd trade achievements for cheat codes and unlockable items.
---
HELLO!!!