This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next gen, would you like the option to hide, delete, or disable Achievements?

#31MashYouGoodPosted 2/11/2013 7:03:13 PM
Get rid of the rubbish entirely and give us some REAL content, like unlockables and cheat codes.
#32Pacman2dxPosted 2/11/2013 7:32:58 PM
MP based achievements should die.

Otherwise I'm okay with em.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Who dares, wins.
#33cup_a_soupPosted 2/12/2013 3:42:11 AM
Pacman2dx posted...

This.

I like achievements, but I cannot stand multiplayer achievements. I can't get Forza 2 on my completed list because I'm missing 1 very grindy multiplayer achievement. I cannot complete Chromehounds, ever. GTA4, no one plays online, and Saints Row 1 and 2 are the same story.
#34Explicit DankPosted 2/12/2013 3:47:40 AM
Would be nice to have a reset option so if your doing another playthrough you can get them again if you want.
---
Parental Advisory - Explicit Dank
#35bigpoppapatPosted 2/12/2013 5:22:01 AM
AsucaHayashi posted...
i wish they would abolish the entire concept.

i remember a time when "unlockables" was your reward for completing tasks out of immediate reach.

well that's in the developers hands. there was a time when 'unlockables' were attained by playing thru the game normally just as there are achievements that are tasks beyond the realm of typical play thru
---
Sent via PowerFAQs
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/patoons/f5gif.gif http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii617/patoons/clap2.gif
#36Bent 00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 4:41:05 PM
*bump*
#37FredSavage27Posted 2/12/2013 4:59:55 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...

i remember a time when "unlockables" was your reward for completing tasks out of immediate reach.

A lot of games still have unlockables, and most games that don't wouldn't have had anything to unlock regardless of Achievements.
#38aDominationPosted 2/12/2013 5:07:49 PM
cup_a_soup posted...
Pacman2dx posted...

This.

I like achievements, but I cannot stand multiplayer achievements. I can't get Forza 2 on my completed list because I'm missing 1 very grindy multiplayer achievement. I cannot complete Chromehounds, ever. GTA4, no one plays online, and Saints Row 1 and 2 are the same story.

Whats funny about this when it comes to FPS that there's very few MP achievements but alot of SP achievements, even know almost all of us are going to play 100s of hours of MP.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.
#39Bent 00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:13:07 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
AsucaHayashi posted...

A lot of games still have unlockables, and most games that don't wouldn't have had anything to unlock regardless of Achievements.

I miss unlocking lots of cheats like in GoldenEye 007 (N64) and Perfect Dark.
#40xChaosLordxPosted 2/12/2013 8:16:24 PM
Yeah, I'd like to be able to just turn trophies/achievements OFF. Gamer score would show as "Disabled", and never again would the pace of my game be interrupted by the flashing of "Achievement gained" for just progressing in a game. I got no love at all for the trophies/achievements gimmicks. They don't enrich my gaming experience in any way, shape or form.