This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next gen, would you like the option to hide, delete, or disable Achievements?

#51TheBlueStigPosted 2/16/2013 8:46:24 AM
baueris24 posted...
Yes I would want it deleted. I get that some people wouldn't care and some people don't care if they use cheat codes and that's fine. I don't care if I use codes when I'm just fooling around in a game but when I'm playing in my regular profile, I want to complete it without cheating. Some people want to prove that they got it fairly and themselves. For instance suppose I would have trouble in a certain level of a game and somebody else would get past it for me. Then I would continue on and beat it... I would still feel like I didn't truly beat it because of that level.

So go back and repeat it yourself, you still played it yourself, you still did all the requirements for the achievement, you just didn't get that little achievement bubble to pop up by yourself, big f***ing deal.

just because some people feel this way about games doesn't mean that they are going to snap and kill someone.

The meds do that, they alter people's brains and produce bad side effects.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#52baueris24Posted 2/16/2013 10:56:22 AM
So go back and repeat it yourself, you still played it yourself, you still did all the requirements for the achievement, you just didn't get that little achievement bubble to pop up by yourself, big f***ing deal.

That's fine if you can repeat the achievement but if you can't it's still on your profile as if you did it. What's the big deal if they add the option to delete it? If you don't want to use the option, don't use it. At least let the people that do want the option to have it. They add so many other useless features, why not add one that some people might want?

The meds do that, they alter people's brains and produce bad side effects.

Of course anyone on meds can snap if they stop taking them (or even if they do keep taking them). Hell some meds have worse side effects then the condition that people are using them for!
#53Bent 00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 6:19:20 AM
*bump*
#54donnyhoyasPosted 2/17/2013 9:48:51 AM
dmx4940 posted...
I have started ignoring achievements now as it seemed to suck the fun out of most games. I enjoy playing a game and completing it then moving on, not worrying about all the silly achievements.

^^ THIS!!
---
Twitter: @DMCC_92.
Xbox Live GT & PSN ID: DMCC92.
#55FredSavage27Posted 2/17/2013 1:47:44 PM
Bent 00 posted...
*bump*

Why do these boards allow posts like this?
#56Bent 00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 2:13:23 AM
^ Just trying to gather as much data as possible.
#57Bent 00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 12:10:13 AM
*bump*
#58Bent 00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 3:33:33 AM
*bump*
#59chrcolPosted 2/20/2013 4:59:56 AM
so you want to hide that you rush through games?
#60Bent 00(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 7:44:21 PM
*bump*