This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If we ban used games, companies make more money and pass the savings on to us!

#1Perfect LightPosted 2/9/2013 11:42:26 PM
Or they'll just find some OTHER reason they're not making enough money and boo hoo about that, too.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#2WinternovaPosted 2/9/2013 11:47:43 PM
Just like you are crying about paying money for games?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#3TheBlueStigPosted 2/9/2013 11:56:20 PM
Perfect Light posted...
Or they'll just find some OTHER reason they're not making enough money and boo hoo about that, too.

They won't make more money at all because sales will drop off the face of a cliff.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#4memphis12Posted 2/10/2013 12:10:30 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Perfect Light posted...

They won't make more money at all because sales will drop off the face of a cliff.

Don't be naive BlueStig. Digital downloads is the future & people will eventually adapt to the change, just like they did with CD's, Books & so on.

Perfect Light ... Pleaseeeeee let this go.
You have said so many times "this will NEVER happen" if you truly believe that, you have nothing to worry about ;-)
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#5TheBlueStigPosted 2/10/2013 12:14:22 AM
memphis12 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Perfect Light posted...

Don't be naive BlueStig. Digital downloads is the future & people will eventually adapt to the change, just like they did with CD's, Books & so on.

You have said so many times "this will NEVER happen" if you truly believe that, you have nothing to worry about ;-)

Sales will drop with digital downloads as well.

Without a way to get rid of a bad game by trading it in or giving it away, people will buy FEWER games.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6WinternovaPosted 2/10/2013 12:16:59 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Without a way to get rid of a bad game by trading it in or giving it away, people will buy FEWER games.

So people will buy fewer games because they can't give away a game? Is this game going to contaminate other discs purchased so that the user will HAVE to give it away? What does giving away ANY item have to do with the purchase of a replacement?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#7memphis12Posted 2/10/2013 12:17:53 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
memphis12 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Perfect Light posted...

Has this stopped steam, apple or kindles? No.. Sales have went up. So unfortunately you may be wrong.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#8knightimexPosted 2/10/2013 12:36:21 AM
$75 games
DLC increased to $25
Xbox live $75 a year with no deals in for near future. Might find a hot deal like $60 for a years worth.

That'll help with the no used games lack of profit issue.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#9TheBlueStigPosted 2/10/2013 12:37:07 AM
memphis12 posted...
Has this stopped steam, apple or kindles? No.. Sales have went up. So unfortunately you may be wrong.

Steam drops all games down to single digit sales over time, and is a superior online gaming service right now, that's why it's surviving.

Books and cellphone apps are NOT CONSOLE GAMES.

With true console games the overwhelming majority of people still want a physical copy in their hands when they pay for a game.

The hardware makers and developers can push for digital all they want, but that sales model will end up killing them both because retailers won't keep a Loss Leader going without a way to get the money back. And before you puke out the usual "but but but Apple", there's profit for retailers on iDevices and the THOUSANDS of accessories for them. There's is no profit for retailers on videogame hardware, the money is made on the games.
---
Ben Franklin
#10knightimexPosted 2/10/2013 12:37:45 AM
memphis12 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
memphis12 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Perfect Light posted...

Have you seen the sales on steam?
Games on iphone only cost 1 or 2 bucks....
The full "Ad free" version is free.

I doubt consoles will go that route.
---
Old School Games FTW!