This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If we ban used games, companies make more money and pass the savings on to us!

#11TheBlueStigPosted 2/9/2013 11:38:43 PM
Winternova posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Without a way to get rid of a bad game by trading it in or giving it away, people will buy FEWER games.

So people will buy fewer games because they can't give away a game? Is this game going to contaminate other discs purchased so that the user will HAVE to give it away? What does giving away ANY item have to do with the purchase of a replacement?

If a game is so bad that someone wants to give it away, it's seen as a method of torture for the person receiving the game, and there's always some twisted appeal in torturing your friends, or better yet, relatives you don't like.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#12WinternovaPosted 2/9/2013 11:46:37 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Winternova posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Without a way to get rid of a bad game by trading it in or giving it away, people will buy FEWER games.

So people will buy fewer games because they can't give away a game? Is this game going to contaminate other discs purchased so that the user will HAVE to give it away? What does giving away ANY item have to do with the purchase of a replacement?

If a game is so bad that someone wants to give it away, it's seen as a method of torture for the person receiving the game, and there's always some twisted appeal in torturing your friends, or better yet, relatives you don't like.

It still has no effect on purchasing different games.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#13memphis12Posted 2/9/2013 11:50:29 PM
@ Knightimex & Bluestig

It's the same principle. Albums have dropped price considerably since going digital. Again not the same as 40, but 20 cd's going for 8 and less can give us some idea. Books (hard back) 15 on kindle for 4.

Minimal is the future I'm afraid.

As I've said before. If people can't afford this hobby when next gen comes along, it's time to find a new hobby. But, all the people complaining will probably be the first to buy the new Xbox.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#14knightimexPosted 2/10/2013 2:29:29 AM
If prices are low enough I'm more than certain "download only" will be a success.

If I still have to pay $60 for something I can't keep....
then I'm afraid to say that gaming was awesome back when it was still around.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#15memphis12Posted 2/10/2013 2:44:18 AM
knightimex posted...
If prices are low enough I'm more than certain "download only" will be a success.

If I still have to pay $60 for something I can't keep....
then I'm afraid to say that gaming was awesome back when it was still around.

Exactly. I'm happy to pay full price, but I know other people have different views & different circumstances to myself. But, at least you're not narrow-minded enough, to at least look at the possibility of this working for yourself.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#16sockesockePosted 2/10/2013 2:55:43 AM
knightimex posted...
$75 games
DLC increased to $25
Xbox live $75 a year with no deals in for near future. Might find a hot deal like $60 for a years worth.

That'll help with the no used games lack of profit issue.

i hope this was a sarcastic comment.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#17darkharePosted 2/10/2013 4:45:27 AM
trickle down economics for gaming! cause it worked so well for the economy!!
---
micro-transactions in $60.00 retail games, it will get worse devs are just boiling the frog slowly so we dont notice.
#18Banana_ManaPosted 2/10/2013 4:48:41 AM
Knightimex and BlueKurganStig tag team.

Wow.

I have been shaking my head (in disbelief at the nonsense in here) since the very first post.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#19memphis12Posted 2/10/2013 4:51:14 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Knightimex and BlueKurganStig tag team.

Wow.

I have been shaking my head (in disbelief at the nonsense in here) since the very first post.

You just made this topic sexual!
---
#20jorgestevensonPosted 2/10/2013 4:52:06 AM
memphis12 posted...
@ Knightimex & Bluestig

It's the same principle. Albums have dropped price considerably since going digital. Again not the same as 40, but 20 cd's going for 8 and less can give us some idea. Books (hard back) 15 on kindle for 4.

Minimal is the future I'm afraid.

As I've said before. If people can't afford this hobby when next gen comes along, it's time to find a new hobby. But, all the people complaining will probably be the first to buy the new Xbox.

If devs can't afford to make games in a world where their customer has his god-given ability to sell his own belongings to his neighbor, then the devs should just find a new job. See what I did there?

It's actually really interesting to turn all of this "blocking used games is good" talk around.

How come consumers are considered "cheap" when they buy a used game for $5 less than the price of a new game? Isn't the publisher actually being the stubborn one? He is essentially selling a product that costs him $0 in variable costs, so he makes a profit on each individual disc no matter the price he sells it for. You're telling me the publisher can't lower the price $5 and thereby make only a $40 profit instead of a $45 profit on that individual disc? The consumer is the problem here, really?