This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand why no one is excited for Bioshock Infinite?

#11mrplasmacutter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:39:11 PM
knightimex posted...
never cared for bioshock 1 or 2.
Can't care any less about infinite

exactly. Most gamers are like you.
#12velvet_hammerPosted 2/9/2013 11:41:47 PM
knightimex posted...

you rike MGR?
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#13TwistedMaestroPosted 2/9/2013 11:45:37 PM
The first Bioshock is one of the greatest FPS games ever made, so hell yeah I'm excited for Infinite. It's made by the original developers too, not those other people who developed Bioshock 2.
#14knightimexPosted 2/9/2013 11:51:22 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
knightimex posted...

you rike MGR?

MG rising?
yea.
It's pretty good.

I'm wondering if a PC version will be released.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#15HawkerHurricanePosted 2/9/2013 11:58:49 PM
I'm more excited for Metro: Last Light, to be honest, and I love the original Bioshock.
---
Political correctness is fascism with manners.
#16AcquirePosted 2/10/2013 12:24:52 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
I think the hype for Bioshock Infinite is so ubiquitous it's just understood.

What hype? Everyone hates Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 even more. People are interested in Tomb Raider and Dead Space, the hell with bioshock.

I consider this sad because irrational is such a talented dev. People be stupid.

You're the only one saying this. The majority of people think Bioshock 1 is a great game. Some people think it's overrated, these people are stupid and usually only heard on the internet. I already bought the Songbird Edition a while ago.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#17lolamericansPosted 2/10/2013 1:24:23 AM
well idk you give a pretty average description of the previous titles, and youre wondering why people arent excited for the upcoming game?
---
All that is necessary for Americans to triumph is for Asians to do nothing
#18RanmaRanmaPosted 2/10/2013 1:37:20 AM
Troll topic? 0/10

Serious answer: people are, especially the media, but when a game gets delayed over and over, people start to stop talking about it until it gets closer to actual release. There's plenty of people waiting on it, including myself. Bioshock is considered a classic already. I don't know what you're going on about.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#19vigorm0rtisPosted 2/10/2013 2:01:15 AM
RanmaRanma posted...
Troll topic? 0/10

Guy ran the DS3 boards for 2 or 3 hundred posts on a troll topic. Not sure if it was this account or one of his alts. I shouldn't have responded in the first place.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#20DarthBadgerPosted 2/10/2013 2:34:31 AM(edited)
I liked Bioshock because of it's atmosphere, story, and overall presentation. I thought the only thing Bioshock 2 had to do was upgrade the combat just a little and it would be gold, as long as the story and presentation was as compelling as the first.

Instead, the combat was the exact same and they made absolutely no attempt to improve on the presentation of the first game. The story left me feeling like nothing happening actually mattered to me, the main character.

Basically, Bioshock 2 felt like a very long DLC to the first game, adding nothing but more areas and a few different enemies.

Unless Bioshock Infinite really ramps up this attempt from the last, I have a feeling they won't implement anything different and will leave us with another story that is difficult to invest in. Sometimes the silent protagonist thing works, like in the first game, because the player was pivotal in the plans of all characters, yet manages to bend the story to his will by the end. In the second game, the player is more like a mindless thug with good intentions - very bland and uninspiring.

They were both fun, but I won't pay for more of the same gameplay with an even more disconnected and cliche cast of characters, so that's why I'm not that exited for it. We'll just have to see how it goes first.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
Should have. Should *******have.