This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand why no one is excited for Bioshock Infinite?

#31oasisbeyondPosted 2/10/2013 10:58:14 AM
Don't know, I loved Bioshock 1 and part 2 should havce never been created imo. Infinite doesn't look interesting so far. The world what we've seen doesn't appeal to me. Pink sky, riding trains reminds me of myst or something. I'm sure the game offers a lot more variety when it comes to atmosphere, but they won't show that.

The problem I have with Bioshock is the enemies are just kinda cheesy and not scary. In fact the first 5 minutes of Bioshock was the biggest scare I had the whole game. Then you fight a bunch of hill billies or something like that and a few Big Daddies and Slicers... 3 Enemy types doesn't cut it for me.

That said, Bioshock is still in my top 10, not sure where it stands cuz I'm too lazy to think of my other favorites this gen. So far, I'm just not hyped about it. Tomb Raider is all I need for 60$ next month. Been waiting for a top TR game since part 2... So over 16 years ago:) Hopefully it's awesome.

Most likely I'll rent Infinite and then my next purchase will be GTA for this gen. Might as well wait for the next consoles, I'm sure they'll get ports or even some higher res ports.
A nice Crysis 1,2,3 collection on max settings would be sweet. DeadSpace 1,2,3... You get the point.
#32faris_ruhiPosted 2/10/2013 11:03:19 AM
AlkalineKitten posted...
I'm not sure what to post about it. Unlike a game like Injustice of Gears of War, there's no roster to hypothesize about or sweeping changes to discuss and debate.

It's a single player game with interesting themes and a heavy focus on the story. Until I've played through and completed it, there's just not much for me to say about it. I suppose I could make guesses about plot points, but that could ruin the experience.

This.

Plus the fact that the game's first gameplay video was shown more than 2 years ago (September 22, 2010) and they haven't shown us something all that different from it (even though reports do suggest that actually playing the first few hours will show you how greatly it has changed from the first reveal).
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog in order of release, Current game: Saints Row (360)
#33masblasPosted 2/10/2013 11:15:29 AM
I'm very excited and plan to buy day one. Also I think the first 2 were some of the best games I've played this gen.
#34JuhanorPosted 2/10/2013 12:08:38 PM
I dunno why people hate Bioshock 2 so much, that game kicked Bioshock's ass all around the emotional block.