This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why would anyone want to play the new Tomb Raider?

#31JenniferTatePosted 2/10/2013 12:09:00 PM
Weak? Aw, here it goes.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#32mrplasmacutter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:09:35 PM
Super Creatures posted...
mrplasmacutter posted...
I don't own a ps3, but uncharted is just superior in everyway to tomb raider.

So, have you actually ever played Uncharted, to be able legitimately judge it?

shawnmck posted...
Why would anyone want to play any other RPG when there is Skyrim ?

Because not all RPGs are in the same style as Skyrim?

I have beaten all uncharted games yes. When I had a ps3...
#33bluehat94Posted 2/10/2013 12:15:13 PM
mrplasmacutter posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...
Ellie > Chloe.

depends on if you like the cute, weak blonde type or the tough brunette type.

Also if you go for 14 year olds.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#34JenniferTatePosted 2/10/2013 12:16:17 PM
bluehat94 posted...
mrplasmacutter posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...
Ellie > Chloe.

High five for the catch.

I do wonder if there is someone important to somebody important at Naughy Dog with the name Elena, given they use the name for two of their mains.
---
#35levyjl1988Posted 2/10/2013 12:17:06 PM
It's a new user, nothing to see here folks, we just got a troll.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#36shawnmckPosted 2/10/2013 12:18:31 PM
Nobody has even played Tomb Raider, yet they are convinced that it either sucks, or is simply another Uncharted.

Whatever, you people are only trying to delusion yourselves and convince yourselves reasons to not buy the game when it comes out.
Are you that weak-willed that you have to stoop to such low levels of depravity ?
#37masblasPosted 2/10/2013 12:18:58 PM
Because I love the series and remember how much fun those first games were. I look forward to this game and plan to buy day one.
#38bluehat94Posted 2/10/2013 12:20:26 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
bluehat94 posted...
mrplasmacutter posted...
AlkalineKitten posted...
Ellie > Chloe.

High five for the catch.

I do wonder if there is someone important to somebody important at Naughy Dog with the name Elena, given they use the name for two of their mains.

Possibly, though Ellie could stand for Daniella.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#39JenniferTatePosted 2/10/2013 12:28:54 PM
shawnmck posted...
Nobody has even played Tomb Raider, yet they are convinced that it either sucks, or is simply another Uncharted.

Not I! I've been looking forward to this for a long time. I love the new direction. I posted an essay about why on the 360 TR board because I talk too much. It's the game I'm most looking forward to this year, even over Last of Us (it's a razor thin gap). I welcome the new take on Lara's personality and her back story, and the "Uncharted" direction is fine: unlike Uncharted 1, the island seems to be a complete open world hub, and Tomb Raider was pretty linear in the first place, so I don't see the problem.

bluehat94 posted...

Possibly, though Ellie could stand for Daniella.

Never thought of it that way! I wonder if Ellie will be a multiplayer character. I think she's pretty rad; the exchanges I've seen (there was a Twilight joke in one play through) seem great, and if the amount I loved Elena and Sully is any indication, Ellie is gonna be great.
---
#40bluehat94Posted 2/10/2013 12:36:41 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
Never thought of it that way! I wonder if Ellie will be a multiplayer character. I think she's pretty rad; the exchanges I've seen (there was a Twilight joke in one play through) seem great, and if the amount I loved Elena and Sully is any indication, Ellie is gonna be great.

Yeah, i'm actually seriously considering getting a PS3 for it, i've always just used my friends whenever there were PS3 games I wanted to play, but this one is really tempting me.
---