This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you tend or try to do too much in a open world game...

#1oasisbeyondPosted 2/10/2013 12:07:29 PM
Do you tend or try to do too much in a open world game?...
I'm like 20 hours in FC3 and still only opened 40% of the map :)
I'm moving at a snails pace, I try to complete most objectives and find most diamonds and relics in a section before opening up a new section of the map.
I tend to do this in a lot of open world games like Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim... I don't focus on the main quest or objectives and then slowly start to lose interest or it takes me a few months to finish O_o. Anyone else do this?

I fallout 3 was the only game that I did the side quests and main quests and that's all I was busy with. I still didn't beat that game cuz I accidentally deleted my saved game :( I had 2 main quests to go and nothing more :(

Maybe, it's cuz the other games have way too much other things to find or do? And Fallout didn't... Not sure.
#2JenniferTatePosted 2/10/2013 12:13:55 PM
I've said this before, so if I've said this in another thread, bear with me.

I like to RP in my open world games, to a degree. I move at a slower pace because I find back to backing missions sometimes doesn't make sense with the story, so I do try to live out every day in a logical manner. For instance, in GTA4, I never do Three Leaf Clover on a weekend in game, and I always make sure to do it around 9AM because in GTA time, it's around noon by the time the escape starts, and that seems "realistic" to me.

I derail and explore a lot in games like RDR, Skyrim, and Fallout 3. I don't ever lose interest, but I do find I can get lost or caught up doing other things for a few play sessions before I decide to pick up the story again.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 2/10/2013 12:15:55 PM
Too much. I get open world ADD. I'm often not accomplishing anything, I just want to see what's over the next hill.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4Dragon NexusPosted 2/10/2013 12:17:34 PM
For instance, in GTA4, I never do Three Leaf Clover on a weekend in game, and I always make sure to do it around 9AM because in GTA time, it's around noon by the time the escape starts, and that seems "realistic" to me.

Ha, I like that. I've never gotten *that* deeply involved in a game. I try to...like I try to not wander around the wilderness of Skyrim at night, instead going to sleep or whatever. But I always end up continuing my trek regardless.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#5HajimeNoIppoPosted 2/10/2013 12:17:36 PM
I explore, but if I get to powerful then I will move over to the quests.
#6oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 12:17:51 PM
I never do Three Leaf Clover on a weekend in game, and I always make sure to do it around 9AM because in GTA time, it's around noon by the time the escape starts, and that seems "realistic" to me.

Maybe they should do a real time mode just for you! Day and night cycles would take forever but heh, would be cool.
lol
#7mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/10/2013 12:20:29 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Too much. I get open world ADD. I'm often not accomplishing anything, I just want to see what's over the next hill.

Same here, I tend to forget what's going on in the story and just-hey look at that fluffy little dog! *runs away after fluffy dog*
---
I love video games : )
#8JenniferTatePosted 2/10/2013 12:22:27 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
For instance, in GTA4, I never do Three Leaf Clover on a weekend in game, and I always make sure to do it around 9AM because in GTA time, it's around noon by the time the escape starts, and that seems "realistic" to me.

Ha, I like that. I've never gotten *that* deeply involved in a game. I try to...like I try to not wander around the wilderness of Skyrim at night, instead going to sleep or whatever. But I always end up continuing my trek regardless.

In RDR, the first two times I played through, I always did the Seth missions in the day time. No reason, it was just when I'd hit him up.

The last time I played I ended up starting them at night for some reason, and it added a totally different feel to them. Could be the awesome lighting, or the face he's a grave robber, but doing his chain in the middle of the night just felt like I was finally doing it as it was meant to be done.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#9YodaCrackersPosted 2/10/2013 12:26:34 PM
I lost interest in both Fallout: New Vegas and Skyrim because of OCD and trying to do everything. I put around 100 hours into each before it just became too overwhelming and repetitive so I lost interest. I did complete Far Cry 3 100% though. I even felt compelled to collect all the relics long after I maxed out my exp. and despite the fact you only need half of them for the achievement, which I was well aware of from the start. I did not actually try to collect all the loot boxes though... Not even I am that obsessive.
---
IDC projects PS3 has outsold 360 worldwide! Check out IDC's projection back in 2008: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Trunkswd/IDC.png
#10BB52700Posted 2/10/2013 1:45:26 PM
I'm level 25 in Skyrim and ive only been to one major city so far. too many shiny things to distract me
---
I do the best Chewbacca impression EVER!