This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Digital or Physical: How do you prefer your Video Games?

#11oasisbeyondPosted 2/10/2013 11:41:59 AM
I prefer them fit and silky smooth.
#12pyrokinesis666Posted 2/10/2013 11:42:22 AM
physical is way cheaper.

look at the games on demand prices. some games that are 4 yrs old are still 40-50 bucks on demand, when you can go to a store and get the same game for 15-20
#13Res5Posted 2/10/2013 11:51:43 AM
It doesn't particularly matter. Digital would be better if they would make bigger hard drives though. For smaller games it's not an issue but when you have 6-10GB games it fills up an HDD fast. Not to mention games that have growing save files ala Elder Scrolls and Fallout.

Other than that a game collection is a game collection as long as it's all accessible in future generations. As long as I can still download all the games from XBL and PSN I have now onto the future consoles I'll just be fine and dandy.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#14Killah PriestPosted 2/10/2013 11:53:35 AM
corporeal
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#15SepticFleshPosted 2/10/2013 11:53:58 AM
physical

I'm afraid they would make hard drives proprietary and more expensive than necessary. they would then make them smaller and game sizes bigger.
---
Eternity shall be spent like this. Beneath silent faces my corpse weeps quietly.
#16KtuluheroIIPosted 2/10/2013 11:54:30 AM
Digital. Steam prices just can't be beat.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
#17QuetzocoetlPosted 2/10/2013 11:59:50 AM
Digital.
While I like having a case, and a physical collection to show off, and the ability to sell old games....it's rare that those opportunities come up and/or are worth it.
I prefer having a collection that can be backed up, redownloaded and transferred easily across multiple consoles/PCs.
---
Retribution Boards >retribution.muux.org< -Free Forum, Free Speech.
Gamertag: Quetzocoetl
#1895_EclipsePosted 2/10/2013 12:03:47 PM(edited)
pelon213 posted...
Digital is the way to go (STEAM). people complain about new XBOX maybe having this, i like the idea. If you get new box, you can transfer your games like XBLA games now. No biggie. Only people complaining are the ones that probably can't afford buying new. Just saying.

I only buy new, so your arrogant view point is inaccurate.

Physical, because in my area the internet isn't the greatest, and I can still play my game in 15 years on a different console if I want (I still play Ps1 games released Prior to 1998, so this is not an exaggeration)

Also the current % seems to back up what sales have been on consoles (only around 20% being digital)
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#19BrightFartPosted 2/10/2013 12:04:20 PM
physical

there have been times when Xbox Live or PSN has been down or my local service provider is down for repairs. How would I download games then?
#20NejiHyuga900Posted 2/10/2013 12:05:22 PM
It doesn't matter to me. I get both physical and digital games. They both have pros and cons.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900