This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Digital or Physical: How do you prefer your Video Games?

#71rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/10/2013 8:44:33 PM
Given a choice, physical.

That said, I wouldn't care if they went all-digital. I just like consistency. I hate owning some games on disc and some digitally.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#72Rickhunter001Posted 2/10/2013 8:45:31 PM
Physical, but I loves me some steam.
---
With all due respect, no one told me not to blow it up sir.
#7395_EclipsePosted 2/10/2013 8:45:33 PM
Well, looks like the poll gives a clear answer.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#74link0316Posted 2/10/2013 8:45:48 PM
Physical all the way.
---
GT : Zom6iesRPeople2
#75Ginsu VictimPosted 2/10/2013 8:52:34 PM
While I prefer disc, I buy whichever is cheapest or most convenient. Also, Bing points have allowed me to get many GoD titles for free.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#76AnonymousFriendPosted 2/10/2013 10:07:16 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
AnonymousFriend posted...
As a person who recently has their home invaded and every game, movie, and albun stolen, I'm will alway prefer digital over physical.

Home owners insurance.

I have multiple portible memory devices, so backing up my digital content many times is no issue.

Those have finite lifespans.

And how many items have been delisted? Two? Three? And how many of them were things of note?

Try more like 50+.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Live_Arcade_games#Released.2Fdelisted_games

Actually, I did have Insurance, but the things I can't replace is the stuff that out of print or really rare.the insurance asks when you purchased and checks the current MRSP then deducts for how long you've had it. Discs are subject to the same problems as storage units except for the "I can make as many copies as I want" thing. I have to HDD and three SD cards. And again, how many of those delisted games were people flocking to?
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#77AnonymousFriendPosted 2/10/2013 10:11:23 PM
I want to also add: You can still redownload delisted title if you've already paid for them.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#78Silent Sniper IVPosted 2/11/2013 4:29:41 AM(edited)
Digital almost always, but not on 360 because of the terrible tiny overpriced hard drive and atrocious game prices. After steam + SSD, physical media seems slow, primitive, and irritating. I only hope consoles next gen step up and get on on the level, or I'm probably done with them.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#79zyxomma100Posted 2/11/2013 1:37:51 PM
And again, how many of those delisted games were people flocking to?

Does it matter? Why should any part of gaming history be locked out to new buyers, ever? And there are some gems on that list, including Marble Blast Ultra, one of the top selling games in the XBLA's history.

Besides, the list only includes full XBLA games. The total list of all delisted content is much higher. It also doesn't include any of the original Xbox content which includes stuff for games like Halo 2 and Mechassault.
#80Gunvalkyrie2Posted 2/11/2013 1:39:23 PM
SamieFish posted...
Physical. I'm afraid of games would be delisted someday if is digital

---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.