This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hydrophobia xbox live game is 160 points now . anyone played it??

#11glassghost0Posted 2/10/2013 5:38:42 PM(edited)
Don't listen to the biased answers. Play the game for yourself and form your own opinion about it.

According to Raptr I have 2 hours into the game, I beat it and went back and got an achievement I missed, plus beat the challenge room. I didn't get all the collectibles or medals.

The only things I found wrong with it were the slow movements through vents, the tank like controls, and sometimes you would get thrown around when you shouldn't have according to the water.

For a measly 160 points, I def got my moneys worth. Plus you get 2 avatar items and 2 gamerpics for finishing the game.
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#12OrgeLambartPosted 2/10/2013 5:40:14 PM
The little I played it seemed like an ok game, especially for 160
#13captpluto99Posted 2/10/2013 5:40:40 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
Too many good games out, at good prices too, to waste time on such mediocrity.

This. If you've got nothing to play and are really interested, go for it. It's pretty bland imo. It plays like a mediocre ps2 game.

I actually liked it for the fact that it reminded of one of those older PS2 action adventure games. I wish the 360 version had gotten the Prophecy overhaul.
#14TheBeastWithinPosted 2/10/2013 6:19:29 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Don't listen to the biased answers. Play the game for yourself and form your own opinion about it.

What a ridiculous thing to say, since the question is whether to buy or not. And I question why answers are "biased" when they are coming from people who played the game who have absolutely no stake in whether this guy buys the game or not. Giving an honest opinion is not biased for the sole reason that they, unlike you, have decided not to settle for mediocrity.

I've said it before: whether to buy hydrophobia for this price comes down to whether you are willing to shell out a couple bucks for something that isn't very good but nevertheless could occupy you for a couple of hours on account of it existing. I don't happen to think its worth it, even for free, because I value my time enough not to waste it on middling crap. But the more time you have to waste, the more it may be worth it.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!
#15JenniferTatePosted 2/10/2013 6:23:30 PM
I listened to Beast and don't regret not getting if.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go
#16glassghost0Posted 2/10/2013 7:55:26 PM(edited)
TheBeastWithin posted...
glassghost0 posted...

What a ridiculous thing to say, since the question is whether to buy or not. And I question why answers are "biased" when they are coming from people who played the game who have absolutely no stake in whether this guy buys the game or not. Giving an honest opinion is not biased for the sole reason that they, unlike you, have decided not to settle for mediocrity.

I've said it before: whether to buy hydrophobia for this price comes down to whether you are willing to shell out a couple bucks for something that isn't very good but nevertheless could occupy you for a couple of hours on account of it existing. I don't happen to think its worth it, even for free, because I value my time enough not to waste it on middling crap. But the more time you have to waste, the more it may be worth it.

And that's why I would never listen to you if you wrote game reviews.

And you can't read, TC said he already bought it, he asking others what they thought of it
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#17vidalmorazaPosted 2/10/2013 7:55:51 PM
SSJGrimReaper posted...
The PS3 and Steam versions are better, they added an actual ending and reworked/fixed alot of the glitches in the 360 version.

I dunno about the ending, but they fixed the Xbox 360 version also, they almost re-launched the game fixed, thatīs when I got it...

Because maybe some people got the first "version" and AFAIK is was awful, the current version is playable, not the best game ever made, but is not bad, more when is 160MSP
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#18SSJGrimReaperPosted 2/10/2013 8:21:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19d3z1i0bPosted 2/10/2013 11:18:19 PM
Didn't this game originally come out at 1200 points? The dropped in price several times? I played the demo when it first came out and thought it was pretty bad. There was a major update to it, but it seems most people still think its bad.
#20JenniferTatePosted 2/10/2013 11:34:00 PM
vidalmoraza posted...
SSJGrimReaper posted...
The PS3 and Steam versions are better, they added an actual ending and reworked/fixed alot of the glitches in the 360 version.

I dunno about the ending, but they fixed the Xbox 360 version also, they almost re-launched the game fixed, thatīs when I got it...

Because maybe some people got the first "version" and AFAIK is was awful, the current version is playable, not the best game ever made, but is not bad, more when is 160MSP

The Xbox update is still behind the PS3/Steam version.

There are two versions of the game, and the PS3/Steam version claims to have 70% of it reworked.
---
I'm takin' no direction and I walk-a real slow
For the words of oppression are go, go, go