This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamestop claims consumers unlikely to buy console that blocks used games....

#41memphis12Posted 2/11/2013 2:48:24 AM
When I worked at Game (maybe the equivalent to gamestop) they focused on selling used as a priority. Why? So they got more of the profits. How does this help the developer? It doesn't. It's that simple.

People are just blowing off steam. Keep going, but it probably will happen, and you guys will be first in line to buy next gen.

It's also funny some of you calling members "arrogant" and using personal insults. From most of the topics it seems the only people throwing around insults are the ones most frightened of change.

Man up, wind your neck in & stop with the insults.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#42OmegaPillowPosted 2/11/2013 4:03:40 AM
memphis12 posted...
When I worked at Game (maybe the equivalent to gamestop) they focused on selling used as a priority. Why? So they got more of the profits. How does this help the developer? It doesn't. It's that simple.

People are just blowing off steam. Keep going, but it probably will happen, and you guys will be first in line to buy next gen.

It's also funny some of you calling members "arrogant" and using personal insults. From most of the topics it seems the only people throwing around insults are the ones most frightened of change.

How many developers were bankrupt because of used games? Developers are getting more greedy as gaming is becoming more popular, developers give you sheep a sad story bout not making profit, but I bet you are the same people who still buy used games
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#43memphis12Posted 2/11/2013 4:23:03 AM(edited)
OmegaPillow posted...
memphis12 posted...

How many developers were bankrupt because of used games? Developers are getting more greedy as gaming is becoming more popular, developers give you sheep a sad story bout not making profit, but I bet you are the same people who still buy used games

I don't buy used games, used films, cars or clothes (I'm a freak like that) but that's irrelevant.

I got my eyes opened at Game because they are normal people wanting the same things as everyone else who works MONEY. They made us prioritise selling used over new, ramming it down peoples throats, that's why I left.

Personally I would prefer my money to go straight to the developer, I can understand people who want used games. But this is my opinion & others will have a different one. I don't see why people have to start being personal and acting like spoilt brats because someone has a different opinion to them.

I do have a sneaky feeling though, that when the next gen consoles are released.. Regardless of digital or hard copy they will sell well.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#44XaznzaXPosted 2/11/2013 4:53:23 AM
memphis12 posted...
Personally I would prefer my money to go straight to the developer, I can understand people who want used games. But this is my opinion & others will have a different one. I don't see why people have to start being personal and acting like spoilt brats because someone has a different opinion

How come, time and again, the kiddies on this board fail to realize that 9 out of 10 times the "money" goes to the PUBLISHER, not the developer?
---
Ahh, Republicans and their Conservative Base. Keeping ignorance and myth alive and well in this, the Information Age. Ironic, don't ya think?
#45vigorm0rtisPosted 2/11/2013 4:57:08 AM
XaznzaX posted...

How come, time and again, the kiddies on this board fail to realize that 9 out of 10 times the "money" goes to the PUBLISHER, not the developer?

How come, time and again, jackasses on this board jump the point so they can call someone 'kid?'

Oh, and I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "money." It's in quotes. Is it not real money? Do your people trade in seashells or dog crap?
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#46OrgeLambartPosted 2/11/2013 4:59:45 AM
I do agree with Gamestop and other places trying to push used copies of games, i picked up Silent Hill HD collection brand new, the worker was like.

"We have that game used." I still purchased the new copy.... oh wait my opened not really new copy. I'm thinking that has lots to do with why they sell new copies opened, so you already feel like you are buying a used product so you might as well really buy the used product.
#47memphis12Posted 2/11/2013 5:23:09 AM(edited)
XaznzaX posted...
memphis12 posted...
Personally I would prefer my money to go straight to the developer, I can understand people who want used games. But this is my opinion & others will have a different one. I don't see why people have to start being personal and acting like spoilt brats because someone has a different opinion

I'm quite aware of this. My point still stands.

Oh, and don't patronise me calling me a kid. Ok, Tiger!

OrgeLambart posted...
I do agree with Gamestop and other places trying to push used copies of games, i picked up Silent Hill HD collection brand new, the worker was like.

"We have that game used." I still purchased the new copy.... oh wait my opened not really new copy. I'm thinking that has lots to do with why they sell new copies opened, so you already feel like you are buying a used product so you might as well really buy the used product.

Exactly.

vigorm0rtis posted...
XaznzaX posted...

How come, time and again, jackasses on this board jump the point so they can call someone 'kid?'

Oh, and I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "money." It's in quotes. Is it not real money? Do your people trade in seashells or dog crap?

He proved the other point I was making about personal insults. Never mind.
---
#48SheepinatorPosted 2/11/2013 5:28:42 AM
longnuts posted...
The only thing that pisses me off about this whole thing is the fact that I won't be able to take my copy of Madden over to my buddy's house for some couch co-op, and he won't be able to bring whatever to my house.

So gamestop is right, I will not buy a console that blocks used or whatever you wanna call my case.

So long as you are signed in online with your profile while away from home I expect this would work fine.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#49SheepinatorPosted 2/11/2013 5:33:39 AM
XaznzaX posted...

Kiddies? You are the one exposing your own naivete. Publishers employ thousands of developers, and they are virtually the only source of funding for console developers. The majority of contracts will include sales based royalties paid by the pub to the dev. Is this all news to you? Because I thought it was common knowledge.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#50memphis12Posted 2/11/2013 5:35:07 AM
Sheepinator posted...
longnuts posted...
The only thing that pisses me off about this whole thing is the fact that I won't be able to take my copy of Madden over to my buddy's house for some couch co-op, and he won't be able to bring whatever to my house.

So gamestop is right, I will not buy a console that blocks used or whatever you wanna call my case.

So long as you are signed in online with your profile while away from home I expect this would work fine.

Agreed, this is what I said a few days ago. Hopefully there will be ways around it. Loading up your profile at another friend house could work.
---