This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Considering buying The Witcher 2, have a few questions

#11Super CreaturesPosted 2/10/2013 9:32:05 PM(edited)
If that is the case, I wonder what type of witchcraft was used to get it on GoD, since GoD on the 360 does not have disc-swapping capabilities.

I might remember some discussion about it when it was first added, but that was so long ago that I don't remember what was said.

And, of course, this is why I covered my ass with the whole "unless they did something similar to LA Noire" thing in my posts, just in case it was a 2-disc retail game.

Also, considering the GoD version is only 7.04GB, something had to be done to cut the size, since the game uses the new disc format which can store about 7.5GB of game content on a DVD (of course, with a similar approach to LA Noire, the game engine wouldn't have to be repeated like with a physical release on multiple discs).
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#12Mako_eyesPosted 2/10/2013 9:32:52 PM
Removing disc swapping isn't anything more than changing a value on ini file. Easily done.
#13Bronxsta(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 5:46:48 AM
Oh regarding magic/signs, do you have mana or a meter? Or is unlimited usage?
#14656stoogePosted 2/11/2013 6:06:50 AM
A word of advice TC. You're going to feel completely lost for the first few hours of gameplay. That's normal. You'll also probably find the combat less than desirable at first. Again, that's common. This doesn't play as smoothly as D Souls so don't go in expecting that.

Anyway, I was confused and disappointed for the first few hours of the game like many people, but after a while everything clicked and I ended up loving it. So stick with it. It's a great game that just throws too much at you right off the bat.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#15LanternOfAshPosted 2/11/2013 6:19:30 AM
TC you're making this too complicated. You're gonna have too many expectations. Just go ahead and get it, it's one of the best games released this gen.